Author Topic: 100 ping what playstyle?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Socrates

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Philosophy is a way of life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ascended Order
  • Game nicks: Socrates
Re: 100 ping what playstyle?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 12:14:45 am »
I myself live in WA. If you see me in-game I do play 1h/shielder. I just play it, because I love the playstyle. My ping is usually 65-80 though instead of yours to 100. You could try using Polearms. The long hafted spike mace is a great polearm, has the power, the moderate range, and it's pretty fast if you go into your swings. Just try to practice blocking and such. Myself I can decently, block but sometimes my ping does spike for some reason. My preferred build for a Polearm is 21/15 or 24/15 if you want to convert points.
The act of justice is not determined by the state.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 12:28:52 am »
100 ping is fine to use any playstyle; I personally use a longsword and I do fine. I have 100-120 ping on these shitty servers and I still manage to usually be at the top of the scoreboard. I also don't have any looms or any of that shit, so I can tell you that I am not crutching like some of these baddies. It's most certainly more challenging to play at 100 ping (I do leagues better on the 40 ping west coast servers), but it's more than possible to be a superb player if you are not terrible.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:21 am »
The "quality" of NA players is so low so that even you can manage to be on top of the scoreboard there.

With a high ping you cant beat a good player with a good (low) ping in a "fair" 1 vs 1, its that simple, so you have to play "sneaky", be "aware".

Cavalry is great, you can "train" the delay.

Even easier is 2h. Hide & rape, works with every ping. And when you are forced to fight "fair", well, 2h is so overpowered that almost "compensates" your shitty internet connection so that you will be able to kill most shielders and polearms.

Poleaxe spam is imo boring and totally mindless, but its very effective.

Another option would be ranger. Ranger can be done, even with high ping. Once I shot a guy, and about five seconds later I saw him dying. lol (Of course this only works against non-moving targets).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 01:13:39 am »
The "quality" of NA players is so low so that even you can manage to be on top of the scoreboard there.

Are you calling me a bad player?