Author Topic: New player - "Battles" questions  (Read 567 times)

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
New player - "Battles" questions
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »
+1
Hello.
I started playing few days ago and im getting the hang of things. Still getting steamrolled in battles most of the time, but i had my share of killing.
I recently set one of my characters as main and i noticed the ability to use marketplace (duh), but im confused with the battles section. Maybe you can help me understand this.

So, i select an upcomming battle, decide which side i want to fight for and enter a desired sum of money i wish to recive for that participation (victory/loss?). What then? Do i just wait until the leader of that side accepts me so i can join when the time is right? Do i suffer the same upkeep as in other game types? Do i get a penalty if by a chance im not able to enter the battle?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: New player - "Battles" questions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:08:22 pm »
it has to do with this: http://strategus.c-rpg.net/

Go to this section: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,6.0.html

to read up on strategus (basically it takes your main character stats, but not equipment and you fight with him in a strategus battle).  You have to use the equipment that the person you sign up for has on their army.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »
Those are strat battles and if you put a money amount in there then they will have to pay you as a mercenary.  If you are new I would refrain from doing strat battles.  Typically they are much more organized and since there is a limited number of skill slots available, they like to keep the better players on the roster.  Just focus on battle / siege / duel servers to improve and until then, tread softly for you trad on my dreams.

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:32:54 pm »
Will do. Ive been mostly doing virgins (lol) to get the feel of a bit different mechanics compared to warband but seems like the more ppl play, the less chance we even defeat the peasants. Gonnas stick to the battles for now and enjoy the delicious 5x multiplier :D

Edit: Do get anything from those strategus battles, other than money and exp?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:35:37 pm »
+1
Welcome to C-rpg!  :D

As Rainbow and Huseby said, it has to do with strategus. Though, technically, even if you get accepted they don't have to pay you anything regardless of how much or little you ask for, it's up to them.

Until you get a better grip on the game I wouldn't recommend taking part in strategus, as it can be a bit overwhelming for a newer player, and generally you're expected to be able to at least score a decent number of kills. For now, stick to playing in Battle and possibly Siege, and go to the duel server to practice. The duel server is incredibly frustrating when you're learning, but it's also the best way to learn how to play very quickly.

You could also join a clan that's accepting of new players. They can help train you and teach you some of the ropes, and also can tell you when you're ready to start taking part in strat.

Oh, and no you only get exp by default, it's possible to get money from them too but nothing else unless you're actually affiliated with one of the two sides.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 07:10:59 pm »
Don't ask any money if you apply for a battle. The amount of money that the leaders on either side of battles are willing to pay for mercenaries is very low. So youre never going to get a reasonable amount of money for it anyway, you're better off asking no money cause they will most likely not accept you if you do.

Xp can be very good from strat battles, but it is dependent on the duration of the battle and the gear thats being used. I played a battle yesterday where I got 600k xp in 1,5 hours. That is like having x7 for 1,5 hour, so could be worth it.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »
+1
yeah you get no money for strat battles (unless they pay you, and no matter what you ask for, the commander can choose to pay up to 1000 strategus gold, or no gold).  You don't make any money for your c-rpg main character while playing in a strategus battle, you only make experience.

Like teeth said, you can make a lot of experience in a strategus battle.  The last castle battle I fought in lasted about 45 minutes and I made almost 1 million XP for my c-rpg main character.  You probably won't be accepted into a strat battle unless you're level 25 or higher.  Joining the teamspeak or ventrilo of the faction you sign up for and letting them know you're available will give you a better chance of getting in.

Also, it's not a bad idea to try and play with a faction and let them know you're new and they might take you under their wing.

The faction I belong to (Knights Hospitallers) is usually pretty open to new players and willing to help teach (as long as you're a pleasant person to speak with :) ).

Go to the faction hall page of the strategus sub-forum to find a faction that you might be able to hang out with in teamspeak and ask questions or get advice:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,7.0.html
 - Stolen from Macropussy