Author Topic: So I'm needing some help with basically everything i.e. cRPG  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: So I'm needing some help with basically everything i.e. cRPG
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 01:37:11 pm »
do 18/21 build. 6 power strike,6 iron flesh,5 wm in 2h,rest in athletic.
That would leave you with 6 ath at level 30 (drop 1 WM, or 1 IF).

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 04:59:26 pm »
First and foremost, follow the advice of the previous answers, that is to go native and train your block. It is ESSENTIAL. You will not be able to fight correctly until you learn how to block properly.

If you started off MM, you better get used to Crpg by starting with a polearm character.You can then use your experience with stabs, although you will have to learn to block : There is no class, no build, no equipment that can allow you to survive by relying only on spam. Sure, you might get some kills, but as soon as you face a decent player, you're toast.
That said, forget your 16/19 build. It's plain horrible. You won't stand a chance.Always use builds that are multiples of three, like 15/24,21/18, 36/3, nothing else.
So here is what I suggest:

24/15

5 IF
8PS
5 ATH
5 WM

148 WPF Polearm

Some may argue that this build is not agi-focused enough,and well I am a supporter of strength builds for many reasons. But my argument for you is that on MM, you are used to one-shotting people with a stab, so you'll want to get close to that. You will want to hit hard when you strike, and sometimes 7 PS doesn't cut it. 15 agi is enough to keep you going, no need for more, because your swing speed will be good enough, so will be your running speed.
Thats for the build. As for armor, there are a few choices, depending on your preference. However, my best suggestion ( as a strength supporter) would be heavy armor => You can take quite a pounding, and as a newbie, you don't want to die suddenly because you misjudged the reach of a weapon.Forget the worry about speed, you will still be fine.Make sure you've got spare glod though.

Otherwise, you can have light armor, you'll die more easily, but of course you are faster in every way.Your call.

As for weapons, well as I said, polearm should fit you.The best for a thrust tactic are awlpikes for close melee, and spears for first line support. If you want to have the side attacks, hafted blade, glaive, bardiche and poleaxes are my choice.These are also up to you.

good luck !
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 05:09:05 pm »
Just bite the bullet and learn blocking.

Oh and for joining clans, theres the faction halls section on this forum which holds all the clan threads. Pretty much all of the clans are recruiting, so just browse through the threads or look ingame which clan you like and then just read in the clan thread how you can join. Some just require you to make a post in the thread, others have seperate forums.

Joining a clan is a the quickest way to learn how to play this mod, you'll be able to ask lots of questions and theres bound to be someone that wants to give you some sweet 1 on 1 training.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:12:06 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Chaffee

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »
Again thanks for all the help (I will discard that build I came up with :lol: ) I'll go with one of the builds posted and on the last post I joined a duel server I know native helps but I went to the duel servers to get used to the different characters I would be playing where as native its just linear only based on the equipment in cRPG there is varying speed's strengths etc. and a person was kind enough to help me with blocking and I came close to beating him at one point but now I'm lasting much longer in melee then I have been and just food for thought he had I think a 36/3 build so he was basically one hitting me on any strike I wasn't able to block. I don't know whats different about that but I think it helps more with thinking "ok if I get hit once I die, so I better block or else".

Anyways once again thanks for all the help all ^_^

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »
This should be your forum avatar Chaffee

(click to show/hide)
Ca$hville 615

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 06:20:51 pm »
Gear light kuyak or haumbergeon for body,boots whatever you like they are fucking cheap,mail mittens,bascinet or something in that price range,and get great sword or sword of war. Or get war cleaver or longsword if you don't have money for this long swords.
Katana is badbecause it bounce of heavy and medium armor so you will not be able to kill anyone. Nodachi don't have stab,and stab is something you need to have. War cleaver don't have tab but dmg it deal is so badass.

You mean that katana bounce more than longsword? It's... interesting...
Not sure that unbalanced warcleaver is better than nodachi. Especially for newcomer.

Offline Chaffee

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 06:28:10 pm »
This should be your forum avatar Chaffee

(click to show/hide)

Well my steam profile varies from this

(click to show/hide)

to this

(click to show/hide)

although in the MM regiment I'm in everyone say's coffee because no one can agree on how to pronounce my name (its a french surname meaning attack briskly or have anger) so I may just choose a cup of coffee as it. Not sure though...

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 01:21:33 am »
You mean that katana bounce more than longsword? It's... interesting...
Not sure that unbalanced warcleaver is better than nodachi. Especially for newcomer.

I think he's talking about the stabs, I think.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 05:20:10 am »
I suggest this build:
(click to show/hide)

..using an awlpike or long awlpike as your primary weapon (polearm).
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

As others mentioned these both play very similarly to bayoneted muskets in M&M so you might already have a decent fighting style you can adapt into this weapon. You will also be fast with this build and should be able to run in, poke, and run out if played right (not always possible but against short 1 handers and stuff you should be ok).

Really though learning blocking will be mandatory.  Melee skills are waaaay better in cRPG than M&M, so expect a much tougher average enemy than what you're used to.  You will get involved in a lot of longer skirmishes with players, and while you might be able to duck and weave a few times you'll be destroyed if your blocking isn't up to par.

Starting your first gen as a shielder isn't a bad idea either because it helps give you the feel for melee combat positioning.  I recommend 21/15 build at 30 if you do this (7 IF, 7 PS, 5 shield, 5 athletics, 5 wm), but if you have that side of things down skip it and try to learn blocking.

Good luck!
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345