Author Topic: Problem when editing scenes  (Read 975 times)

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
Problem when editing scenes
« on: June 02, 2014, 05:13:03 pm »
The scenes don't save when I edit them. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'd love some help here.

What I normally do is open a clone cRPG client, go to scene editing start editing, then save the editing but when I press Escape the option to Save & Exit isn't highlited. I have no idea why. If I exit without saving it won't save the progress even though I saved it before by hitting Ctrl+E again.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Problem when editing scenes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:25:40 pm »
+1
It ALWAYS asks you if you want to save the change after you went into the editing panel, changed something and then hit ctrl+e again.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:30:16 pm »
Nono that is fine. After I hit Ctrl+E the message appears. I click yes, save all changes, but then I hit Escape, Return to the Main Menu and it isn't saved.

What I mean is that after that pop up I'm still in the map. It hasn't exited to the menu. I then have to press Escape, and then you have the normal warband menu where Save & Exit option isnt available only exit w/o save.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:36:09 pm by Lannistark »

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:37:49 pm »
+1
Nono that is fine. After I hit Ctrl+E the message appears. I click yes, save all changes, but then I hit Escape, Return to the Main Menu and it isn't saved.

Ehhh wut =D
You're sure you are editing the exact same map again? Because if you are i have no idea what's wrong. Maybe make a new mapping module and try there.

Edit: Yes, after you exit with ctrl+e you are still in. Then you press esc and just click on quit. Then it shouldn't ask you again whether you want to save.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:39:04 pm »
I'm running a cRPG module without WSE perhaps that is the problem. The thing is the map doesnt exit after I hit Ctrl+E.

That's where the whole problem lies. I dont know man.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:47:09 pm by Lannistark »

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:41:01 pm »
+1
I'm running a cRPG module with WSE perhaps that is the problem. The thing is the map doesnt exit after I hit Ctrl+E.

Dude, all you have to do is copy the crpg module and rename the folder to "mapping". Then you should be able to edit away.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 05:46:46 pm »
Dude, all you have to do is copy the crpg module and rename the folder to "mapping". Then you should be able to edit away.

I've done all that. Listen, what I'm saying is that when I hit the Ctrl+E and I save it, it brings me to the map again with the stuff saved. Cool, awesome. But how do I leave the map now? I hit Escape, the Warband menu appears, and the only option available is Exit Without Saving. I do that, return to the map and even though I saved it when hitting Ctrl + E it's not saved.

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 05:52:17 pm »
+1
I've done all that. Listen, what I'm saying is that when I hit the Ctrl+E and I save it, it brings me to the map again with the stuff saved. Cool, awesome. But how do I leave the map now? I hit Escape, the Warband menu appears, and the only option available is Exit Without Saving. I do that, return to the map and even though I saved it when hitting Ctrl + E it's not saved.

Wtf =D
That's exactly what you are supposed to do and it should work. Disabled editing mode in warband launcher perhaps?

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 05:54:06 pm »
No it's enabled. Crap, I lost all the work I had put into a scene. The frustration...  :twisted:

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 05:56:41 pm »
+1
No it's enabled. Crap, I lost all the work I had put into a scene. The frustration...  :twisted:

Well, i'm out of ideas then. This is weird.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 05:57:12 pm »
Alright, I've found a rather sneaky way of saving my work. I do the stuff, I hit save when Ctrl + E. Then I change something else hit Ctrl + E again and not save this time. This takes me directly to the menu with the first thing saved and the second not.

I can't believe the solution to the problem is another problem...

EDIT: Actually no, it's not working. After I reload it it's still unsaved lol
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:00:24 pm by Lannistark »

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 08:41:13 pm »
WTF are you doing? Goodness gracious me. Let me try to analyze what you have said so far.

The scenes don't save when I edit them. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'd love some help here.

What I normally do is open a clone cRPG client, go to scene editing start editing, then save the editing but when I press Escape the option to Save & Exit isn't highlited. I have no idea why. If I exit without saving it won't save the progress even though I saved it before by hitting Ctrl+E again.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
Okay. Save & Exit isn't supposed to be highlighted. That is for saving a character's progress in Native. It has no functionality in cRPG. You exit a map by either pressing TAB then Exit or my pressing Escape then Exit Without Saving. Using ctrl+e is what saves your progress. Nothing else. You can forcibly shut down your computer after using ctrl+e to save your progress and it will have saved it.

I'm running a cRPG module without WSE perhaps that is the problem. The thing is the map doesnt exit after I hit Ctrl+E.

Doesn't matter if WSE2 Beta is checked in the cRPG Launcher or not. Your "mapping" module isn't run using WSE anyway. Also, the map isn't supposed to exit after you save changes with ctrl+e.

I see three possibilities.
  • You are trolling us... well, trolling Fips. :rolleyes:
  • You are not returning to the correct scene file to edit, and if so, I suggest trying to edit an pre-existing file with a name so you can find it easily. (And make sure you are in the correct module.)
  • There is something quite wrong with your module and you should follow these steps:
    • Backup any saved work (scene.sco and relevant terrain codes from scenes.txt but do NOT save scenes.txt itself.)
    • Delete the module.
    • Run cRPG launcher
    • Tick the Repair box and Run cRPG.
    • After it finishes repairing, exit cRPG.
    • Make a copy of cRPG and don't bother renaming it. It will be cRPG - Copy.
    • Copy your backed up scene.sco files into the new SceneObj folder.
    • Copy your backed up terrain codes into scenes.txt
    • If problem persists, you are screwed.