Author Topic: torch_night, light_night etc. may work next patch  (Read 770 times)

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
torch_night, light_night etc. may work next patch
« on: March 12, 2011, 12:27:08 am »
If you ever player singleplayer, you might remember the villages had torches+dynamic light on at night, and off at day.
As we got a good bunch of village maps in the mapcycle here in EU, and dynamic lighting is awesome, I managed to get cmp to somehow make the cRPG-night "night", and if it doesnt kill the mod, it might be in the next patch.

Start adding those things to your maps, if you want to enjoy some nice effects at night (and so players with bad screens can see stuff at night on your map :wink:).
(And if it for some reason won't survive the final cut, your map will still have some more detail with not burning torches)

The difference between "torch" and "torch_night" is, that "torch" is always on, "torch_night" will be a not lighted torch at day, and a "torch" at night, so you only have to add the torch_night to your scene. But the torch itself has no dynamic lighting, thats why you need to add the light_night, too, in some distance infront of the torch (look at village maps for examples)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: torch_night, light_night etc. may work next patch
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »
What does 'light_night' show? Is it a circular spot of light or what?
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:17:07 pm »
The same as "light". (just only activated at night, ofc)
It is a "normal" dynamic light source, shines in every direction. (dynamic lighting, woo!) Just test "light", you will see.

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:14:32 pm »
Good to know man.  I try to keep specular objects to a minimum since everyone is always up at arms about performance, but a few of them always make things look a lot better.