Author Topic: Game freezes on sbdy's death or spawn  (Read 427 times)

Offline deVada

• Vulgar
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • banned CRPG until cancelled
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OdiProfanumVulgus
Game freezes on sbdy's death or spawn
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »
Hello,

After upgrading from ATI 4850 to 6850 most of the times my CRPG game freezes when playing on map with more than 10-20 ppl on.

It just stops for a moment then goes on. After adding RAM (4 GB now) and checking all possible game settings I've found that it is not matter of generally poor PC (on top details it runs smoothly same as on lowest and it freezes the same way). WinXP 32, E8400 Intel Core Duo - running at 3.6 GHz. Setting to single threading didn't helped. Installing latest drivers also.

For what I've observed the freezes are happening when somebody is spawning and when somebody dies. Some animation loading bug - or too big textures?

Any ideas?

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Game freezes on sbdy's death or spawn
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:24:20 pm »
Same Problem over here, didnt manage to solve it till now.
The thing is, i just have this prob in cRPG, can play a 111 vs 110 battle in MM without probs :/
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Game freezes on sbdy's death or spawn
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:35:37 am »
After adding RAM (4 GB now). WinXP 32

If you want to make use of more than 3.25 Gb of RAM, you will have to use a 64 bit Windows.

Check, in your Catalyst Center, that Antialiasing isn't turned on, and try, in-game, to turn it off too, and turn shadows off.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:40:04 am by Mikelon »