Author Topic: How does the experience points work?  (Read 950 times)

Offline JekkJekk27

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How does the experience points work?
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:35:03 pm »
do you only get xp in regular intervals or something?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: How does the experience points work?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »
Yes, every minute.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:50 pm »
To expand upon it, you get the first tick 30 seconds in, and after that every 60 seconds.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline JekkJekk27

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 08:23:34 pm »
so you don't get rewarded for individual kills?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:24:44 pm »
No. At least not in terms of gold and experience. Ego boost?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:26:47 pm »
so you don't get rewarded for individual kills?

No.

This promotes teamwork. It is thus worthless if you manage to rack up 20 kills during a round before dying if your team loses anyways.

Every time a team wins, your multiplyer increases by 1 to a maximum of X5, and if your team loses, it goes bac to a x1 multiplier.

Kills still mean a lot (as if the entire opposing team dies in battle mode then you win), and in seige kills slow down the enemy team, but ultimately teamwork shines, hence why some people are content with doing nothing but wounding not killing form range, or being a disruptive poker in melee etc.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 09:03:02 pm »
My Experience guide:

Specialize on kamikaze leeching. Max out athletics or riding(dont forget the horse)

This strategy is easy and maxes out your gain!

Just run into the enemies and get killed. Using ALT-TAB you can rack up your XP/time ratio a lot!(you can do other things)

Furthermore you dont have to spent a lot of money.
Dont underestimate "improving" your k/d ratio. The less kills, the better, because you will probably be put into the better team when you really play.

Thats the best strategy to play CRPG if you want to be successful, how motivating!

(my guide is meant to be sarcastic, but it is full truth in it)

The current system is so frustrating. If I had known the XP mechanics I wouldnt have started, but I have to say that CRP is about 5% better then native(not a lot, it could be much better)

Maybe it is better then the killstealmadness, but it is still shit and needs MASSIVE CHANGE!
Teamplay and tactics are overestimated, skill is important(which is not rewarded)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:06:40 pm by Khalim »
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:08:25 pm »
To be fair, the cRRPG mod is built for strategus which is offline, and strategus does reward skill, as winning and losing battles has high significance, as does dying since that sucks up tickets.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »
My Experience guide:

Specialize on kamikaze leeching. Max out athletics or riding(dont forget the horse)

This strategy is easy and maxes out your gain!

Just run into the enemies and get killed. Using ALT-TAB you can rack up your XP/time ratio a lot!(you can do other things)

Furthermore you dont have to spent a lot of money.
Dont underestimate "improving" your k/d ratio. The less kills, the better, because you will probably be put into the better team when you really play.

Thats the best strategy to play CRPG if you want to be successful, how motivating!

(my guide is meant to be sarcastic, but it is full truth in it)

The current system is so frustrating. If I had known the XP mechanics I wouldnt have started, but I have to say that CRP is about 5% better then native(not a lot, it could be much better)

Maybe it is better then the killstealmadness, but it is still shit and needs MASSIVE CHANGE!
Teamplay and tactics are overestimated, skill is important(which is not rewarded)

Ah, I should turn my sarcasm meter on, seems like I'm a bit tired.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:08:49 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!