Author Topic: [Stats] Goedendag  (Read 745 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
[Stats] Goedendag
« on: April 10, 2012, 04:12:49 pm »
Military Hammer:
weapon length: 80
weight: 2.3
difficulty: 13
speed rating: 94
thrust damage: 0 pierce
swing damage: 28 blunt
slots: 1
Knockdown

Secondary Mode

Goedendag:
weapon length: 117
weight: 2.5
difficulty: 10
speed rating: 95
weapon length: 117
thrust damage: 22 pierce
swing damage: 25 blunt
slots: 2
Can't use on horseback

Knockdown

Secondary Mode

Does it make sense that the goedendag weighs only .2 more than this 1h counterpart(I'm using this word here loosely)? That it has only 25b in 2h mode, while the military hammer has 28b in 1h?

Both can be used in 1h and 2h mode, so why such a significant damage difference? Because the Goedendag has a thrust? Woop-de-doo. You shouldn't really bother with the thrust for any situations that don't require the use of the weapon's full range. No knockdown on the thrust means you're not maximizing the weapon's strengths by utilizing that attack direction for anything other than what was previously mentioned. 1 speed for 3 blunt damage is a pretty shitty trade off, especially when you're talking about blunt or pierce damage. 37 range is fairly huge, but you can't forget that the Military Hammer's stats are for when it's used with a shield. One-Handed weapons have to be balanced with the shield in mind.

Iron Staff
weapon length: 129
weight: 2
difficulty: 11
speed rating: 95
weapon length: 129
thrust damage: 25 blunt
swing damage: 23 blunt
slots: 2
Knockdown

I should probably throw out my disclaimer now, before anyone gets carried away. I realize what you're thinking when you compare this weapon to the goedendag, but one thing you should keep in mind, is that no one can be found using the Iron Staff past level 20, for anything other than a gimmick, "fun" round. Sadly, both of these weapons suck for anything other than saving money in strategus. They're poor weapons in crpg and should be slightly buffed to give people reason to use them, especially the goedendag; as it would better fill, or maybe even create, it's own niche spot among two-handed weapons.

My suggestion is simply to add 1 speed and 2 damage to the Goedendag. Or, if you want to emphasize the knockdown, add .3~ weight and one of the previously stated buffs.

There are a few other comparisons that I have, but due to not wanting this post to drag on too long, I'm saving them for later.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:16:32 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: [Stats] Goedendag
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:20:09 pm »
Just want to point out military hammer doesn't go 2h but pierce damage when you change mode.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »
Well, u know densities of those weapons in general? Yeah, it makes sense. why not?
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:46:15 pm »
1slot for goedendag can work too. Also it must be usable on horseback

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »
The Goedendag also costs about 3k less than the military hammer. Sure, it's not a big deal but they account for it in balancing. If you're looking to compare the military hammer to something, I think the mace is a much better comparison:

Mace
weapon length: 70
weight: 2
difficulty: 8
speed rating: 98
weapon length: 70
Knockdown

Military Hammer
weight: 2.3
difficulty: 13
speed rating: 94
Knockdown
Secondary Mode

They do the same damage, mace is faster and a little shorter. (though that's made up for in the animations) Military hammer is also a little bit heavier.

Never really had a problem to the Goedendag. I actually prefer it to the mace when I'm levelling a 2-hander. Sure, you may have to hit someone 1 extra time, but I prefer the extra length and knockdown chance. Not to mention that the stab makes a good surprise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login