Author Topic: New Helmet Idea/Improved Helmets  (Read 511 times)

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
New Helmet Idea/Improved Helmets
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:17 am »
Alright, hey everyone, I have an idea.  :rolleyes: I happened to be strolling down one of the many streets of yet another city in Calradia, and by golly, I spotted a perfectly crafted helmet! The sun beamed off the polished helmet, blinding my eyes. A large grin is produced on my face, but when the sun clears, the grin disappears. The helmet's black. Black? But, by golly, this won't match my plate armor whatsoever! The perfect shape and look of the Black Helmet cannot be worn into battle now! With a huff of displeasure, I toss the helmet back on the table and continue on through Calradia in search of a SILVER 'Black Helmet'.

Anyone have the same problem? Other mods seem to have both colors of the 'Black Helmet', which, essentially, is just a Barbuta helmet. If the devs are to add new helmets, can they at least just change the color of the black and then add that as a new helmet? I'm no coder or texture designer, but I don't think it would be too hard just to get an extra helmet (that's already in the game, mind you) and add a silvery look to it to match the plate armor. If we could add a whole other texture, that'd be even better, really. Something like this, possibly:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry for the massive image......... Alright, and one more bone-to-pick. The Armet just looks ridiculous at the moment. It has potential though. By putting some feathers (like the plumes used in jousting, etc) atop the crest of the helmet. It would give it much a more knightly look instead of a bald-headed look. Just my opinion though. Here's what I'm kind of looking at, I guess, just put the Armet in the spot of the helmet in the picture.....

Well, the feathers could be pointed back more instead of puffed up so straight, but you guys get the point. Anyone else agree, or am I just a loon?
"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."

Offline Savior_of_Death

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Savior_of_Death
Re: New Helmet Idea/Improved Helmets
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:56:36 am »
+1
Honestly the helmets have shit coloring. Very few of the helmets actually match the plate they are supposed to be worn with.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:06:41 am »
Barbutte is a pretty close fit as to a silver Black Helmet but it looks better.  :P

I am also a fan of the plain armet as is, but it will be a long time before I will play a tin can that needs one..  :mrgreen:
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:32:50 am »
Haha, I know whatcha mean. I don't mind the Armet really, but I feel like they need to add somethin else to it. So keep the orginal Armet and then maybe add another on with a plume or somethin. I think the Barbutte that's part of the game right now is cool, it just looks pretty Greek, and I feel like they should add a more knightly looking one I guess. :P
"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."