Author Topic: Unban Request!  (Read 543 times)

Offline CarlSagan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • We are all star stuff contemplating star stuff
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: CarlSagan_Astralis
  • IRC nick: CarlSagan
Unban Request!
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:21 am »
I was banned today from the NA servers. I was creating a new alt, IsaacNewton, and I was lvl1. I accidentally spawned with no clothes and so I ran in the seige tower and stood there while I quickly jumped on crpg.net to buy some clothes. I was afk for 45 seconds at the most. While I was doing this MrPibb thought I was leaching and banned me. I have a few alts in crpg; CarlSagan, BadHorse, YourMomentOfZen, ExplosionsInTheSky. I have always, and will always, play fair and competitively. Leeching was not my intenet, nor did I mean to spawn without clothes. I send appologies for my offense and would very much appreciate being unbanned. My many thanks for the work you do to keep this game running smoothly!
CarlSagan
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or in politics, but it is not the path to knowledge and there is no place for it in the endeavor of science"

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
Re: Unban Request!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:35:12 pm »
We don't ban people for having no clothes, we ban them for leeching. I spectated you for several rounds and witnissed you moving to safe spots, leaving your dude there, and coming back every so often to make sure the server doesnt kick you for being afk. Here's a tip, be honest when posting here and your sentence is much shorter. I'll talk to Gash about how long you need to be banned for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CarlSagan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • We are all star stuff contemplating star stuff
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: CarlSagan_Astralis
  • IRC nick: CarlSagan
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:57:40 pm »
Like I said, I had just created this character. Any time that may have been spent afk was on crpg.net figuring out what to put points into/buying gear. I was running in to fight with my character but seeing as I was the lowest lvl peasant, running up the siege tower to die over and over again isn't exactly helpful to my team. I was being honest in saying that I was not trying to leech. I understand that that's the way it may have looked and apologize again for my actions, but please understand that I always try to be a team player in the best capacity I can. Building a new character with a different build requires some amount of planning and consideration, and I assumed that after I ran in and died a few times as a peasant that if i stood in the siege tower for a minute to figure out the distribution of wpf and to buy gear it wouldn't be hurting anyone. I would never do this once my character had a few lvls and I could be useful to my team. I will be more more careful in the future to not spend time on crpg.net during gametime. I was just under the impression that most people did this and it wasn't a big deal. Had I known that I was upsetting anyone or committing an offense I would have ceased immediately.  I would never just turn on the game and purposefully leech while I was reading a book or whatever, which I agree, isn't fair to the people that play fairly to earn their points. MrPibb, I completely understand why I have been banned and I assure you that this will be a non-issue in the future. I have never been kicked/banned or anything of that nature with any alt in the year or so I have been playing M&B and always try to play in a fair and competitive manner so all can enjoy the game equally. I hope that these transgressions can be forgiven and we can move on to peacefully stabbing each other in the face.

With many apologies,
                    Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or in politics, but it is not the path to knowledge and there is no place for it in the endeavor of science"

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 03:38:58 am »
Unbanned.
CRPG NA Server Admin