Author Topic: Repair chance for arrows compare to bolts  (Read 706 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Repair chance for arrows compare to bolts
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:20:36 pm »
Why players has to repair arrows more often than bolts. I respec like 11 times switching between those two class and i have to say almost every round you have to repair arrows. On the other hand you rarely repair bolts .

Add more break chance for bolts to make them balance, also increase price for steel bolts.

Crossbow bolts is already pierce and bodkin cost like 5000 gold while steel bolt 2500 :O?

Bolt is also ammos which means both shouldn't have either more or less for repair, since when you shoot all the arrows they are gone which means you have to repair (Get a new one) to refill the ammos. Same should go for xbow.

Edit: Archery has already been nerf, crossbow still seems fine. HA can't even do any damage to most people pre-patch and now after the nerf 15/24 build is completely rubbish. This force most HA go for higher strength build.

Archery is harder and is nerf more compare to Crossbow, i tried crossbow with arbalest + steel bolt (Pure crossbowman 15/30) with all MW steel bolt and Mw arbalest, i can 2 shot an tin can or one shot any medium -  light armor people. (189 wps).

with archery you have to shoot them like 8-9 times to kill them without the bodkin, with bodkin 3-4 perhaps but the price...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:43:30 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Repair chance for arrows compare to bolts
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:25:28 pm »
Well it's good that my old friendchers have to repair more so it discreases the amount of  players using my old friendcher class.
Tho Xbow gear(with arbalest) is more expensive than my old friendcher gear, that is the cheapest class to use and be usefull same time.
(click to show/hide)
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:08 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Okay, increase break chance for steel bolts and increase its price. But to get balance all bows should have their price increased too. Rus Bow and Long Bow the same price as arbalest at almost 19 k. Is that what you want? Archery is not harder than crossbowing and is not worse compared to xbows. Xbows has a shit rate of fire and have to reload standing still. HUGE disadvantage compared to bows. 8-9 times and 3-4 with bodkins? Lul, I had +3 horn bow and +3 bodkins deal over 50 % to my lordly armor + lordly gloves 9 IF character. The damage is VERY random, but 8-9 arrows is just you making numbers up. I would say it varies between 2-5 most of the time. With regular horn bow/long bow and bodkins/tatar it was rare that I would need more than 4-5 body shots to take infantry down.

HAs should be weaker than foot archers, most of their job is taking out light cav anyway. They're still quite effective vs. inf though, and the huge bump damage makes them even more viable.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »
Okay, increase break chance for steel bolts and increase its price. But to get balance all bows should have their price increased too. Rus Bow and Long Bow the same price as arbalest at almost 19 k. Is that what you want? Archery is not harder than crossbowing and is not worse compared to xbows. Xbows has a shit rate of fire and have to reload standing still. HUGE disadvantage compared to bows. 8-9 times and 3-4 with bodkins? Lul, I had +3 horn bow and +3 bodkins deal over 50 % to my lordly armor + lordly gloves 9 IF character. The damage is VERY random, but 8-9 arrows is just you making numbers up. I would say it varies between 2-5 most of the time. With regular horn bow/long bow and bodkins/tatar it was rare that I would need more than 4-5 body shots to take infantry down.

HAs should be weaker than foot archers, most of their job is taking out light cav anyway. They're still quite effective vs. inf though, and the huge bump damage makes them even more viable.

I wouldn't mind increasing bow's price with crossbow (but crossbow has more damage so bows should have lower price), if that is the case i am 100% sure that i will lose less money than i lose now. (If arrows has same rate of repair as bolts) That would be awesome indeed, i used 15/24 thats why i need 7-9 arrows to kill tincan. (Tin-can) with MW horn bow + MW tatar arrow, try it you will know what i mean and most of your kills comes from bump instead of ur bow

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:12:58 pm »
I wouldn't mind increasing bow's price with crossbow (but crossbow has more damage so bows should have lower price)

Well, bows can increase the damage with PD, so xbows are not necessarily more damaging than bows.

, if that is the case i am 100% sure that i will lose less money than i lose now. (If arrows has same rate of repair as bolts) That would be awesome indeed, i used 15/24 thats why i need 7-9 arrows to kill tincan. (Tin-can) with MW horn bow + MW tatar arrow, try it you will know what i mean and most of your kills comes from bump instead of ur bow

lul, I have a 12/24 horse archer alt at level 27 or something. Regular tatar bow, regular tatar arrows and I'm not even using up to 9 arrows at heavy inf. Are you shooting from underground up to a tower or something to get that low damage? :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 04:14:15 pm »

lul, I have a 12/24 horse archer alt at level 27 or something. Regular tatar bow, regular tatar arrows and I'm not even using up to 9 arrows at heavy inf. Are you shooting from underground up to a tower or something to get that low damage? :lol:

shooting far away + close up range. some are leg shot ofc.

Well, bows can increase the damage with PD, so xbows are not necessarily more damaging than bows.

That is why alot of archers go for higher PD because of the nerf. As i mention before  as a crossbowman with 15/30 build all on weapon master (189) wps you can 2 shot a tincan and 1 shot most people in medium to light armor. (MW arbalest + MW steel bolt). Because of the 189 wps you repload in like 3 second and crossbow shoot far more accurate than bow . Also i get more kills as crossbowman than archers

EDIT: Due to high number of archers going for higher PD = more whine about nerf archery
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:26:19 pm by AlexTheDragon »