Author Topic: Shield Trolls in the game  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Shield Trolls in the game
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 12:03:36 am »
12 shield skill = hard to break shield
13 shield skill = unbreakable shield

13 shield skill leaves room for... pretty much nothing else. They're pretty fast on their feet because athletics still gives a slight bonus to runspeed. Something you will notice when you have 39 of it.

But if you do encounter such a player, just bring a crushthrough weapon. Even if you don't have any prof in 2h or polearms, it's not that hard to bring one and whack em over the head with it.
Crossbows still penetrate the shields.
You can still kick/slash them
Attacking them with more than one player and NOT just attack to try and break their shield will get them killed too. They can't face all directions at once.

I've played around with a 13 shield skill shielder when the rank 10 cap was first removed and it's not nearly as powerful as you might think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Shield Trolls in the game
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 12:54:09 am »
I have never seen a guy like that in rageball. Only overpowered class in rageball are classes with +10 athletics.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D