Author Topic: Ban Request: Sigvard_of_Chaos  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
Re: Ban Request: Sigvard_of_Chaos
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 08:16:32 am »
Why did we kick him Sigvards friend(yes we werent even kicking the guy that TKd us)? We are in the middle of a wooden tower surrounded by Xbow cav. He goes and opens a door and gets a teamate killed, I consider that malicious intent. He opened the door and stepped out of the way, causing a teamate to die knowing full well what was outside waiting. Did he go outside? No. He had a shield, he could of blocked. He opened the door and stepped to the side. If you call kick spamming kicking him 2-3x over the span of 5 seconds and malicious intent when he is fully armored and in a concealed area, then there are about 10-15 people that need to be banned every day. Appear he is biased? He called me a liar and he had NO CLUE what he was speaking of. BADPLAYER goes 5/5 and then intentionally couches some one and gets a 12hr ban? That is biased, I'm sorry. I'm going to run fraps from now on because this is beyond absurd. Please let me know how you rationalize my malicious intent because without you being there that is pretty impossible.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:29:31 am by Crazyi »

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 08:34:58 am »
Just calm down man he already said he didn't ban you and isn't going to.. wow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 03:11:47 pm »
Why did we kick him Sigvards friend(yes we werent even kicking the guy that TKd us)? We are in the middle of a wooden tower surrounded by Xbow cav. He goes and opens a door and gets a teamate killed, I consider that malicious intent. He opened the door and stepped out of the way, causing a teamate to die knowing full well what was outside waiting. Did he go outside? No. He had a shield, he could of blocked. He opened the door and stepped to the side. If you call kick spamming kicking him 2-3x over the span of 5 seconds and malicious intent when he is fully armored and in a concealed area, then there are about 10-15 people that need to be banned every day. Appear he is biased? He called me a liar and he had NO CLUE what he was speaking of. BADPLAYER goes 5/5 and then intentionally couches some one and gets a 12hr ban? That is biased, I'm sorry. I'm going to run fraps from now on because this is beyond absurd. Please let me know how you rationalize my malicious intent because without you being there that is pretty impossible.

I like how you continue to bring up the incident where you got banned for teamkilling badplayer. Clearly talking to you has no affect on your opinion. Stop posting. Let the admins look through the logs; and when they talk to sigvard they will decide upon whether or not he deserves a ban or not.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 03:21:09 pm »
Dis guy.

I'd ban him for being a total douchetard, to be honest. To bad none of the rules state acting like a 10 year old with some degree of coherency is an offense (still is to my senses).

Also, Siggie needs the ban, for his breach of server rules.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 05:20:51 pm »
I recommend that you take a step back and calm down.

You came here looking for a ban because he took the situation into his own hands. He recieved that ban.

You've accused the Admin doing the initial investigation of being biased, which is why I have stepped in, despite disagreeing with you on that point. Smoothrich tried to get the complete story from you. Your overreaction was uncalled for, and if I detect any sort of bias towards anyone in this thread it is from you. That's from where I sit and gathered soley from this thread.

So now you have admitted that the reason for the kicks is in retaliation for what you perceive as one player griefing another by opening a door. Once again, don't take it upon yourself to send a message to another player except via chat.

Enough with bringing up different incidents. We are discussing this one. Yes, people kick each other all the time. As Admins we take intent into consideration when making our decisions. We know teammates horseplay. In this case, you have made it clear that you took this action to send a message to the other player because you did not like that he opened a door.

Let me point out that had you been up front with the details of the situation, you likely would have recieved a warning and Sigvard his ban. State that you were kicking your teammate in retailiation for what you percieved to be griefing on his part, you understand that you should not have taken matters into your own hands and won't do it again, but didn't feel your action warranted a TK.

But, from what I've read, you still don't think that you did anything wrong and rather than be up front about it, you accuse the responding Admin of bias rather than explain the story that it has now taken 2 days to get.

I've nearly completed my review and input gathering. I'll make my final decision this evening.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »
I bring up TKing BADPLAYER because I went 1/5 TW, and TK'd him in 1 shot. I admitted to on these forums and was banned for 3 weeks from community. BADPLAYER goes 5/5, comes back and intentionally couches a teamate(admitting to it on these forums), and gets banned for 12 hours by the same admin. Sure one has an assigned penalty, and one is weighted, but by his weighting 5/5 and intentional TK is 12 hours = bias. Since my initial incident, I learned my lesson and have had 0 problems with anyone.

"Crazyi, you were caught and admitted to intentional tking, so you should remain banned for a stretch of time"
ruling by ecko, and I was fine with that. 

bias - a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question.

I post a pic of the chat log that some one admits to TKing me, and the first comment is "I don't exactly see evidence of an intentional TK here.. could've been an accident.. horse bump then stab or something of that sort" - Assumes information that is not there. Sigvard is infantry. Second he blatantly ignores the active chat. - Does this fit the definition of bias? I posted the definition right there because clearly my logic does not work.

So I have to point out the active chat. In response he says "Quit kicking who" Not "Sigvard is banned but what were YOU doing" which I would of respected, but the fact he shows his bias again and insults my integrity is infurating. I kick one player and that = griefing another person into TKing me? WHAT?! You SPECIFICALLY told me to not do what this person has done and yet you question me. Bias.

Next post. Smoothrich -  "Well I'll ban you both for 24 hours then, he has the chance to unban request, you've had the opportunity to apologize for griefing teammates but you refused to take it so you don't!  Unless you'd like to explain why he was stopping you from kicking someone, which you still havent?"
Once again, this is specfically what I was told I cannot do when I screwed up, which is take matters into my own hands regarless of scenario. Yet here you are defending HIM. Bias

"Looks to me like you were griefing a teammate, probably someone reloading with xbow or something, " holy fuck are you serious?!  You pull that completely out of your ass and expect me to not get pissed?! BIAS.
Vigilante - any person who takes the law into his or her own hands. You ASSUMED the rest and implied an improper meaning to this word. Bias.

Yea I didn't tell you the full story because of your completely one sided take on this situation. You DEFENDED some one that did specficially was I was told I CANNOT DO. As I have just clearly demonstrated, your approach was bullshit.

@Granpappy. "It sounds like you were doing it specifically to grief him into retaliating so that you could request a ban." You failed to even read this post accurately, yet you want to assume what my intent was? I kicked some one so it griefs a DIFFERENT player into TKing me? What?! Please explain your irrationality to me. You also insult my integrity by trying to state it was my mission to get this guy banned that I don't even know. All I was asking for is he get penalized like I did for intentional TKing. If I wished him harm I would of hit him with a sword, or kicked him off of a ledge, or something to actually HARM him. 2-3 kicks in a small window is malicious griefing?Apparently you can make all kinds of wild assumptions based on what isn't in this thread, while completely ignoring what is and just rule whatever you feel like so I shall never return here without a full blown video.

*added* Yes admins can imply intent WHEN THEY WITNESS THE SITUATION. How are you going to assume my intentions when you or no other administrator was there? Are you going to tap into my brain?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:27:55 pm by Crazyi »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 06:54:05 pm »
shut up nerd
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 07:03:45 pm »
shut up nerd

That's rich. We're all playing videos games you know. In the eyes of society we're all "nerds". The guy has a point. There is some biased shit going on and the dude is not happy about it. He has the right to complain.. freedom of speech and what not.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »
The whole world is against you Crazyi. Everyone is going to be biased against you because you are you.

One thing that I do know is that you are always relating this intentional TK to that of what you did to Badplayer. You got a one week ban. You are mad and see a chance to get someone banned for exactly what you did. Nothing happens so you complain about biases and such. I know that exact feeling.
Reporting someone though only brings one thing... a grudge between both players. When you have such a small community, this creates a far larger problem because this will cause even more drama between players which all in all unnecessary.

I have done exactly the same thing you have done and honestly, it doesn't make you feel any better after the situation is dealt with. Short-term, feels great. Long-term, you made a new enemy. (I reported Cyranule for leeching and sincerely regret it and hope you read this message).

Smoothrich has got no bias, from what I gathered here, he was only seeking more information as to why Sigvard (reasonable player) would do that. He then finds out that you started kick spamming a clanmate of his. So in the end both of you are wrong.

(Meow don't report this until Crazyi has read it, I know you will delete it  :lol: )

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 09:45:52 pm »
You request a ban.

Later it comes out that you were griefing a clanmate of the guy who TK'd you. Regardless of whether you got a response from the player you were griefing, your kickspamming was intended to produce some type of response. You knew the guy was armored, and know that without damage being done, he can't press "M" to get a screenshot of the repeated griefing.
We are well aware that players troll other players  in order to get them to respond in a manner that will get them banned by coming to the forums with screenshots. Therefore we will ask questions regarding the incident.

Your belligerence, reluctance to tell the whole story when questioned, and further refusal to admit that what you were doing is wrong when you did finally tell the whole story more than lends credence to the idea that you did this on purpose specifically to get a response that would allow you to come to the forums and request a ban.

Perhaps you now have a baseless accusation of bias against me as well?

Do you understand that kickspamming teammates, regardless of whether damage is being done, is considered griefing and is not allowed on the server? I want to make absolutely certain that you know exactly why a penalty for this behavior may result from this conversation.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline RobinHood

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Sigvard
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »
The doors were opened by the enemy on the outside of the tower, we were getting peppered with bolts so we attempt to retreat to the top of the tower. Crazyi or whatever and another member of KUTT were standing there kicking Vaermi as he tried to retreat and was still in view of the enemy ranged. I decided the naked KUTT player wasnt as valuable as my friend and thus i TKed. I will take my punishment for my wrong doing i deserve it.

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 11:39:56 pm »
The doors were opened by the enemy on the outside of the tower, we were getting peppered with bolts so we attempt to retreat to the top of the tower. Crazyi or whatever and another member of KUTT were standing there kicking Vaermi as he tried to retreat and was still in view of the enemy ranged. I decided the naked KUTT player wasnt as valuable as my friend and thus i TKed. I will take my punishment for my wrong doing i deserve it.

You're joking right?

We were up the first flight of stairs and the enemy was still hiding outside, it was Vaermi who opened the door (he stood still looking at it and as soon as it opened he retreated up the stairs) (Go ahead and call me a liar, just like the flock of admins coming in here.) I was the other person who was kicking (max 4-5 total kicks between us) and I was in more immediate danger than Vaermi (No shield, back turned, Closer to the door) and I was even blocking the enemies line of sight to Vaermi.

You could've easily just kicked Crazyi and sent the same message. Then we would've gone up to the tower and continued on with the game. None of this completely unwarranted assumptions by the admins and banning would've happened. But that's not your fault because TKing is always the best option when someone is kicking you or your friend.

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 12:04:58 am »
I'm going to ignore your involvement Wolfgang, though 2 clan members ganging up on a different clan member very likely contributed to the situation itself. Same warning, don't take it upon yourself to send a message.

Crazyi, you've been given a 4 hour ban for tonight.

Let's have some changes in play from everyone involved.

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 12:05:16 am »
You request a ban.

Later it comes out that you were griefing a clanmate of the guy who TK'd you. Regardless of whether you got a response from the player you were griefing, your kickspamming was intended to produce some type of response. You knew the guy was armored, and know that without damage being done, he can't press "M" to get a screenshot of the repeated griefing.
We are well aware that players troll other players  in order to get them to respond in a manner that will get them banned by coming to the forums with screenshots. Therefore we will ask questions regarding the incident.

Your belligerence, reluctance to tell the whole story when questioned, and further refusal to admit that what you were doing is wrong when you did finally tell the whole story more than lends credence to the idea that you did this on purpose specifically to get a response that would allow you to come to the forums and request a ban.

Perhaps you now have a baseless accusation of bias against me as well?

Do you understand that kickspamming teammates, regardless of whether damage is being done, is considered griefing and is not allowed on the server? I want to make absolutely certain that you know exactly why a penalty for this behavior may result from this conversation.

Once again you ASSUME MY INTENTION. Do you count every player that kicks another player as malicious kickspamming? There are 30 people that are going to be banned every day if that is the case. Spamming is repeating an action over and over, I dont count 2-3x as spam. You clearly have a massive perception problem. I see no mention of these logs you were going to look through? Yes there was no dialgoue exchanged or any shit talking going on. Did you forget to mention you found nothing? You act like Im on here every day trying to get people banned. Sigvard was completely out of line but you perpetrate me as the villian with nothing other than ASSUMING MY MALICIOUS INTENT ON HIS FRIEND. Yes everything I have said is toally belligerent and I resorted to name calling and childish ways to present my case. Yes my accusations are totally baseless, as I provided no evidence of smoothrich being biased.   :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 12:15:33 am »
If you look at the bottom in the active dialogue he in respone to "really?" he said "Yea quit kicking him you fuck".

The player being kicked (a few times) was a chaos member,

Kicking some one in a closed building with full armor and a shield does NOT HARM THEM.

Why did we kick him Sigvards friend(yes we werent even kicking the guy that TKd us)?

I kick one player and that = griefing another person into TKing me?

I was the other person who was kicking (max 4-5 total kicks between us)

I assumed nothing. We are done here. Get a handle on your rage issue before you come back into game.