Author Topic: PWmod: faction wars, without the "type-to-roleplay"  (Read 505 times)

Offline TommyHu

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
PWmod: faction wars, without the "type-to-roleplay"
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:18 pm »
+2
I know there's a bunch of people who play crpg who have tried out PWmod but were turned off by the "roleplaying" rules.  I'm curious if there's a lot of people, like me, who think it has a great faction/castle war system, but is ruined by constantly having to type out your actions in the name of "roleplaying" and the 5-10 minutes of justifying your actions to an admin after the fact.

Here's a link to the post:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,220661.0.html  go vote

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: PWmod: faction wars, without the "type-to-roleplay"
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:02 pm »
tommy ATS opened a server a long time ago, worked on a map, and increased the pwmod server to double what the original server had, unfortunately, its just like siege, you cannot for the life of you go in there and ask the pubbies to switch to the other server because they are just the simpletons who never look for anything else and their favorites list contains but only that one siege server.  And when we tried to promote it, we were kicked and banned from the server.  Not only that but we were banned from the server for wearing the ATS tags, as we ended up owning all the castles and made people RQ the game, pissing off the admin. 

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: PWmod: faction wars, without the "type-to-roleplay"
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:59:52 pm »
yeah would be nice if role play didn't exclusively mean "you have to type shit".

If someone pulls out a weapon on me, I'm able to see it.  they are threatening me.  What you see with your eyes and actions people take are just as much part of role-playing as typing out your actions.

It's a fucking VIDEO game.  Not a hud, not a mud crawler that was 100% text based from 1985.  yes there should be some basic rules to prevent ganking, but generally speaking, you should let people do what they want.  I hated that whenever you did something someone would complain to admins and you would have to talk to them for 30 minutes and they would still never get what you were saying.  I don't think I ever broke one rule yet after any sort of a confrontation or battle I was having to explain myself to admins for 30 fucking minutes.

Also I don't like PWMod because it's not people fighting over castles and the cities.  Most of the time when I played it was about 10% of people in factions/castles.  If this was a "fighting" style game where factions are fighting over control of territory it would be 1000% times better.

Would be nice if they had a PWmod server for grown ups and people who like Warband...not the people who want to sit and roleplay having sex by typing /action commands.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:01:43 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy