Author Topic: Immunity to arrows - "transparent" targets? Bug or haccck?  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
Re: Immunity to arrows - "transparent" targets? Bug or haccck?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 05:41:17 am »
Same Problem here sometimes.

But its not your ping. its not the lag. its the archer-nerf! :(
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline corto

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 06:06:02 am »
But its not your ping. its not the lag. its the archer-nerf! :(

in fact its not an archer-nerf, it's a everyone's buff against archers. even an archer is damn hard to hit for the other archers :D

but thats ok, it is still possible to hit any target.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 11:41:09 pm »
The opposite happens as well, I've had this happen with throwing lances several times. The lance passes over the target, then, a moment later it sprouts inside their face O.o

Some weird quirks like that which, probably can't be blamed on lag.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 03:31:25 am »
I don't think its lag. I think there is a bug somewhere. My throwing axes will, at any given throw, disappear in mid-air or go through someone. I've thrown axes directly into trees, heard the thunk, walk up to the tree and find the axe on the ground behind the tree. Pretty sure lag didn't cause that.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Barracuda

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mersenaamat
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 11:12:42 am »
It's a bug. Definitely not lag or ping. It has been around from warband beta. I'm not 100% sure but from my experience I would say that it happens more often with the head hitbox.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:29 am »
Well these bugs became more apparant since the last batch of patches, I don't remember whinging about phantom blocks and crap before the last lot of patches. I'll block left, the enemy swings right and still kills me. I'll block up and he'll do an overhead and still kills me. I've seen arrows that were meant to hit me, suddenly go slow motion infront of me as if they're hitting an invisible wall then dissapear.

I've stabbed people with spears, that appear to go through their chest without inflicting even a stun, only to have the person I stabbed casually walk forward and kill me with an overhead.

Really frustrating as alot of my deaths are a result of this bug recently.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »
thanks for all your replies, guys!

so another bug, I guessed so. *sigh*

This game has a lot of them - and still manages to be fun, lol
But it is really funny that a not-so-old game does not manage to get simple things like collision detection (magic walls that lead to off-the-map-nirvana, massive doors that you can hit through, etc.) and hitboxes right. It also still gets me annoyed that walls extend into the air (your arrows stick in the air besides the wall, when you shoot very near to a corner), ladders have 50cm to 1m solid air added on top, where arrows and axes hang and defy gravity... etc...

So - solution: if your arrows go through someone, walk up to him and slay him. If that is not possible, shoot someone else. LOL
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »
I like the floating ladders that hang up in the sky where no player would ever be able to place them.  Sometimes you can get an entire squadron of ladders just hanging there as though frozen in amber.
Quite pretty really.  :mrgreen:

*goes of to write poetry about wanderin as lonely as a ladder.*

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 08:46:16 pm »
The issue where projectiles stick into the "air" next to a wall or tree is the invisible box around the object. Its not an issue when the object is normal size. But when it is doubled for a map, the invisible box around it also increases. I noticed this when I first got into making maps. I make a tree double its size and suddenly it has a force field around it. Thats not a bug but a limitation with the game objects.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 01:10:59 am »
It's a bug. Definitely not lag or ping. It has been around from warband beta. I'm not 100% sure but from my experience I would say that it happens more often with the head hitbox.

I tend to concur. Ive swung my mace through an enemy in front of me, only to have it swish through them like a mist and nail my teammate behind them instead.  :shock:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login