Author Topic: Another Strat Suggestion: Horse Breeders  (Read 623 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Another Strat Suggestion: Horse Breeders
« on: March 17, 2012, 03:53:15 pm »
+2
Instead of Towns producing goods, they produce horses.

Details
- The horses cost 50 gold regardless of where you are and you recruit 1 per hour
- Desert Towns produce Desert Horses
- Steppe Towns produce Steppe Horses
- Dhirim, Reyvadin, Uxhal, Halmar and Curaw produce Palfreys
- All other Towns produce Rouneys
- The Desert Horse should lose 2 points in maneuverability and cost 1000 gold less on cRPG for balance reasons
- The Palfrey should get slight body armour, charge and hit point boosts to make it slightly better than a rouncey.  1 extra point in speed does not make up for all the other disadvantages

Impact
- Cheap Horses for everybody on Strat but you can't get them quickly and you still have to pay for the good horses
- Different areas of the map get different horses which adds some flavour to the game.  If you don't like the Steppe horse, then don't settle in the Steppe :D
- With the suggested slight nerfs/buffs to the Desert Horse and Palfrey, the best of these horses will only be available in the central Towns which is fair imo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:54:21 pm by Tomas »

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
Re: Another Strat Suggestion: Horse Breeders
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 07:20:29 pm »
Terrible idea, only being able to produce horses that have 7 riding that no one can ride.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:44:11 pm »
Terrible idea, only being able to produce horses that have 7 riding that no one can ride.

?

I have no idea what you are talking about or objecting to.  There is no change in the game at all for the Arabian Warhorse which is the only horse that requires 7 riding. 

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:50:09 pm »
Lol

Nice idea except it might be easier to just add a pack horse that is only used for carrying crates but can only be crafted in towns

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 09:53:52 pm »
I personally like Hobb's suggestion, or maybe make a low-riding skill horse which is absolutely awful, and practically only used in strategus world map to allow you to carry goods faster.

I could understand breeding horses as a crafting option but I don't like the idea of crafting them like goods, and they essentially appear out of nowhere.  Maybe have a small % per hour, with gold "for feed" to get extra horses from your current stock.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 02:35:11 am »
I personally like Hobb's suggestion, or maybe make a low-riding skill horse which is absolutely awful, and practically only used in strategus world map to allow you to carry goods faster.

I could understand breeding horses as a crafting option but I don't like the idea of crafting them like goods, and they essentially appear out of nowhere.  Maybe have a small % per hour, with gold "for feed" to get extra horses from your current stock.

That could work - i'm just trying to think of a way to get more of the cheaper horses into Strat from the start without adding more of the expensive war horses which would make Strat Cav too overpowered

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 03:19:20 am »
That could work - i'm just trying to think of a way to get more of the cheaper horses into Strat from the start without adding more of the expensive war horses which would make Strat Cav too overpowered

The main problem is that Sumpter Horses (pack horses) move slower than other horses, and in addition nobody has them as craftable so you have to buy them, so the best horse for moving goods and such is the rouncey, and it is still quite expensive.