Author Topic: Ghost-Range  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Ghost-Range
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 04:13:24 pm »
Today i made a thrust with a "Elegant Poleaxe" (range = 132) to an enemy with "Mallet" (range = 71). The enemy with this Mallet wanted to make an overhead. I made the thrust and did'nt hitted them and the enemy forced his overhead without moving and hitted me. My strike was earlier and i walked after this back. The Mallet-user did'nt move but hit me.

And now...you will realy say, that their is no "Ghost-Range"? Remember...i had a good ping, the enemy too.

You missed. My arrows can pass under arms and between legs. So can your pole. L2Aim  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 07:12:07 pm »
I would like to say don't thrust or use overheads against the one class likely to spam what will chamber your attack.

Offline Tazman

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tazman_HRE
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 08:11:20 pm »
Chamber? Who talked about a chamber?

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 08:20:25 pm »
Chamber? Who talked about a chamber?

When you said "he forced his overhead", it sounds like a chamber, but would have missed that you thrusted.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:21:28 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tazman

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 08:41:04 pm »
Forced...i would say, i choosed the wrong word.

Offline Tazman

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 11:27:02 pm »
And again..fix this shit!!!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 12:53:48 am »
And again..fix this shit!!!
It is fixed. I really don't know what everyone complains about regarding this anymore. I hear it everyday as an excuse for when they miss an easy block and clearly get hit.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 04:25:48 pm »
There is no ghost range. What you may be experiencing is this "lag" issue that seems to have cropped up. You notice it primarily with fast horses. While on the horse, you can pass someone, be several yards past them, and then suddenly your horse is dead from the guy you passed a couple seconds ago. On the ground, you experience it differently. There, you get hit before you actually see the horse get to you.
In other words, the math is all happening realtime, but what you see, well that is not.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 05:40:20 pm »
Let me ask a question. What happens if the model of a weapon wouldn't be changed but it's length would be changed in the item value files (module_items)? Does all weapon get smaller/bigger or it just adds ghost reach/the opposite?

I also haven't noticed any ghost range in the game. Maybe that's me, but I really didn't really notice. Can you make a video and upload it on somewhere tazman? I mean, if you are not too lazy :P
If you think you are lazy, don't bother. Because I know what being lazy means. It will be a serious pain in the arse. I will try to discover it and make a video about it. But if you are going to work on it already, I would be glad cause I am a lazy being as well :P

Today i made a thrust with a "Elegant Poleaxe" (range = 132) to an enemy with "Mallet" (range = 71). The enemy with this Mallet wanted to make an overhead. I made the thrust and did'nt hitted them and the enemy forced his overhead without moving and hitted me. My strike was earlier and i walked after this back. The Mallet-user did'nt move but hit me.

And now...you will realy say, that their is no "Ghost-Range"? Remember...i had a good ping, the enemy too.
I think you have experienced something different in here. Even though I'm just guessing, you actually put your body forward when you tried to thrust him. Therefore making him to reach you with his mallet. If two handers wouldn't had good animations, no one would play them and it wouldn't be balanced. Still, I think I understand how you feel.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D