Author Topic: What to loom first....  (Read 1193 times)

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
What to loom first....
« on: March 14, 2012, 10:55:03 am »
so... i have a few options, elite scimi, broad 1-hand battle axe, and my huscarl shield, i ofc have armor choices as well, i just havent fully decided on anything beyond my mail gaunts, and i have a really bad tenancy to repsec alot (i still have yet to retire once.... and probably could have like 4 times if i quit respeccing..) so while armor may be a good choice im thinking a 1 hander or my shield may be the better option..  Opinions?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
How i get kills...

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: What to loom first....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 10:57:44 am »
the weapons first.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:22:36 am »
Would loom the axe. As shielder always loom your weapons first.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:07 am »
Gloves/Weapons first, then body armor.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:28:18 am »
+2
Sell the loompoint, then buy the +1 item of your choice (might want to check the market to see if it's for sale).

If you want to loom an item yourself, go for weapon first. Staying alive for 1 hit more after heirlooming your armour isn't worth a whole lot when you could've killed your enemy with 1 hit less.

After that, heirloom gloves. Mail gauntlets or Wisby gauntlets go well with just about every build you can think of, unlike armour.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:41:34 am »
I change classes and weapons very often,so i loomed body armor. if you gonna stick with some class for some time you loom weapon.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:08:08 pm »
Gloves. If you ever decide to do ANY other class, your gloves carry over.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:28:56 pm »
I don't get the gloves comment, unless it's like zan said (so that it carries over).

From what I can see every glove gives +5 body armor when fully loomed.  Every body armor seems to give +5 to body armor and +5 to leg armor...seems like the no brainer would to loom body armor before gloves or leg armor...

That being said, I'd concur with the other posters who said you should loom your weapon first.

*EDIT*  Actually like Spawny said, you should really sell the loom point for 600k gold (or more) and then generally you can buy any +1 weapon for under 450k gold.  You may not be able to find a broad 1h battle axe or elite scimitar right away, just look at what's currently available on the market.  Now you made 100-200k in gold, and still get an heirloomed item.  I've retired 5 times, and 3 of the times I did this and made anywhere from 100-200k each time (which goes quick as cavalry and when you're buying lots of equipment).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:31:21 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »
I don't get the gloves comment, unless it's like zan said (so that it carries over).

From what I can see every glove gives +5 body armor when fully loomed.  Every body armor seems to give +5 to body armor and +5 to leg armor...seems like the no brainer would to loom body armor before gloves or leg armor...
You are right, the most (not the lighter ones) body armors give +5 to the body and +5 to the leg armor, if heirloomed 3 times. But the gloves are more flexible. You can wear a heavy body armor at siege and a lighter armor at battle. Also you can wear very heavy gloves with a very light armor (low wpf penalty).
Imho it depends also on the class. Leg armor is most useful against archer. I play a shielder atm... it's hard to hit my legs if I have a shield. I use the cheapiest footwear atm.

Edit: Selling loompoint and buying +1 weapon ist best imho.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:40:55 pm by Kherr »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 06:40:48 pm »
Yep with the market if you are heirlooming a new item just sell your first loompoint, and (if you can wait that long) your second as well.  Then you'll have 1.2 mil + whatever extra gold you gained from the two generations, and you'll likely be able to buy a +3 item on the marketplace straight up.

That will also give you some time to think about what you want to have loomed. If you are ever unsure or like switching between builds each generation you can't go wrong with +3 mail mittens or +3 mail gauntlets, since they can work for any build
(click to show/hide)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »
I would find it hard to loom anything other than a weapon, although I have got an armour set I prefer to use so I might do that next gen.