Author Topic: QML changes  (Read 535 times)

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
QML changes
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:29:05 am »
+3
Hey guys!
I would love when we would change the leecher QML a little!
For example i have x3 and report a leecher who is obviously afk
but after 20 seconds he is there and presses m so i lost a multi:(
I think we should implement that when you QML'ed someone, after 5 seconds you do not loose a multi anymore when he is there but to prevent spamming or whatever in the first 5 seco ds you can loose a multi!
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: QML changes
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:15:37 am »
QML doesn't really even work.  People just window the game and they still see it... IMO it should work like team wounding, and people abusing the system should be SEVERELY punished.

But.. how hard would it be to make detection for this kind of thing?  Have the QML thing pop up automatically when somebody hasn't moved for 30-60 sec.

*Or have QML auto kick somebody who has not moved for that length of time.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:25:05 am »
+1
Yes because alot, i mean really alot of people always abuse the QML system, alot of the time when i qml afk guys they always press M, by the time i asked an admin to come to game to check him out he has already moving again because he know i am going to get a admin. It would be really good auto qml could come up if they are moving, this way it will stop the leechers in siege and rage ball (much more leechers in siege / rage ball than in battle).

This is actually a really good idea and i totally support this as it will make the qml system much more balance, to be honest 30 seconds is a bit too long.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:49:41 pm »
+1
Yes because alot, i mean really alot of people always abuse the QML system, alot of the time when i qml afk guys they always press M, by the time i asked an admin to come to game to check him out he has already moving again because he know i am going to get a admin.
I meant the opposite: Make QML more effective, but provide really harsh penalties for those who abuse it to kick those who were not really leeching.

Again, though, combine an automated system and it's good.

If you need to AFK after the end of the round and you come back too late to spawn - you lose your multi.  Not a problem anymore.  If you spawn in just to leech... you'll have to tab back in and press M.  Heck it could even send an admin report.  This guy keeps getting warned every 35 sec.. I wonder.  :rolleyes:

USA USA USA

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:01:05 pm »
How about not going "internet police" on anything that hasnt moved the last 5 seconds ? If you qml people who really are afk they wont press m and you dont loose your multi. Also people who are obviously afk are getting pollkicked instantly by press 1 hungry ragekickers anyway.

Alternatively you could just nerf archery ...

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 08:18:03 pm »
How about not going "internet police" on anything that hasnt moved the last 5 seconds ? If you qml people who really are afk they wont press m and you dont loose your multi. Also people who are obviously afk are getting pollkicked instantly by press 1 hungry ragekickers anyway.
Personally, I have only ever QML'd people who have not moved from spawn multiple rounds, as I see by spectating them.  Cav does a good job of killing them off so you can't tell but not always.

Every time I have ever used QML, the person  (who hasn't moved for 30 sec into the round mind you) presses M and then.. nothing.  They continue to leech.

Also, pollkick doesn't usually work for leechers, unless they're the last one alive at the end of the round, people just shout "IT'S A NEW PLAYER, U F*KIN AMERICAN, U CANT KICK  A NEW PLAYER!" when it's obviously not a new player.  Really, I am surprised so many people make that argument....

USA USA USA

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »
I still like my idea more than yours.
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?