Poll

Should Strat goods production be cRPG activity based?

Yes
84 (77.1%)
No
25 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: A simple change to Strat that will make a big difference  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Re: A simple change to Strat that will make a big difference
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 11:13:12 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

- You play in Strat Battles,
- You do play cRPG at least casually as I see you in there every now and again
- You will therefore not be effected by this change much
- However, even if you are, you claim that you are highly active in Strat which means you can be doing one of the many jobs that is not dependent on earning work hours (raiding, trading & leading armies)

To put some numbers on it here's what I would suggest;

1 hour of cRPG = 24 work hours
1 hour of Strat Battle = 10 hours of cRPG = 240 work hours

SO, under these numbers you would only have to play 7 hours of cRPG per week or just 42 mins of Strat Battles (or a mixture of the 2) in order to craft for a week.

The max number of work hours you can stockpile is 336

Work hours can then be spent on the following
- Crafting Goods
- Crafting Equipment
- Recruiting Troops

All other Strat actions are free - which means you can still lead armies, caravans and raiders without ever having to earn any work hours at all.

The emphasis on Strat Battles also has the added advantage of encouraging proper Strat Battles, without rewarding steam rolling of your weaker neighbours (as fighting multiple battles in quick succession will saturate your work hours).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 11:21:01 pm »
+1
Long may live Strategus : Farmville, for there is no greater fun than being drones milked by your faction leader on a regular basis. Even playing Ogame as a miner is more interesting.

But don't worry, the next Strat will probably make playing Warband the most important thing again.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 12:21:36 am »
Meh this argumant is fail .
Being inactive in strategus and being inactive in cRPG are different things and they should stay being different things imo.
Constantly playing cRPG already grants you bonuses in strategus like additional gold , heirlooms (Very big feature there is no way you can earn them without retiring in cRPG)
I don't see what will this difference bring us ?
I would say yes if cRPG servers were all empty but everyone in cRPG community plays strat like junkies but it is quiet opposite atm.
cRPG servers are full but few clans play strategus.If that gets implemented , these will happen in summer :
Goods production will stop cuz no one will play cRPG
Without goods there won't be trade income
Without trade income , there won't be any gold to pay upkeep of troops
Without troops there is no security of faction

What do you want us to do when it happens ? Tie up few guys and make them play cRPG till their eyes melt ?

Strategus is a persistant game when you quit playing it you and your faction can still be effected by others in the map , therefore making it grind based will fuck it up.It is a browser game , reminds me Travian only difference is your soldiers are alive and they all are connected to real characters in cRPG servers.
I see no reason to change that to be honest.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 02:11:51 am »
I'm with Koyama on this one. Its not a good idea.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 01:24:30 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

The cRPG servers are full yet you think goods production will stop?  That's just daft and plenty of the Strat playing clans play cRPG. Greys, CHAOS, Hospitaller, Templars, Wolves, HRE, Fallen, Occitan, LLJK, TKoV, Mercs, Kapikulu, BashiBazouk, GK, ANT, Legio, DRZ, KUTT etc can all be seen in decent numbers on the cRPG servers on a regular basis so there is no reason at all to presume that goods production will dry up.  Add to that the Strat Battle players who get 10x the work hours and I think the production will only drop very slightly for the majority of clans.  OF course if your clan really does only play Strat, then you will just have to take a more agressive stance than you are used to in order to generate the work hours you need through Strat Battles.

If production does drop a little too much then it is very easy to counter by just changing the base goods prices to 10-30 from 5-25. But that is something I would only consider after the exact drop in production had been assessed.

Finally;
IF you do not play cRPG
AND you do not play Strat Battles
AND you are not active enough to be a clan trader/raider/general
THEN why do you need to be able to craft goods/equipment/troops that you will never see used yourself?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:41:38 pm by Tomas »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 11:09:30 am »
i like that, just because it separates dead accounts from live ones. i guess this is the main point of the idea?

i don't know how many accs like this there are, but in any case i don't see any argument why sbdy who has more crpg / strategus innactive friends should have higher edge over the one who does not. it also would change a balance in favour of smaller, but active clans a bit.

the idea of ticks = ammount of work is good, expecially if it would be set up really low (like 2h crpg/week = 100 percent of work). than its not about grinding at all, but it still separates active / "facebook-like" accounts.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:58 pm »
I dont know too much about strat, only been in a very few battles. I do have to say I like the idea of goods being produced based on activity. It is logically sound, the most active groups should have the most resources to be competitive in terms of land control.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 12:14:23 am »
Im changing my mind. yes . Due to the fact that strat is for the nerds not the casualls anyways and thus people who play and produce would be saought out more then inactivves like myself.  :)
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4