Author Topic: Performance problem after patch  (Read 5463 times)

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
Re: Performance problem after patch
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 07:23:20 pm »
only the change to dx7 seem to help ;/ and it seems this problem only got ATI cards users

I got a nvidia.

Im pretty sure this freezing has got something to do with the new patch somehow, i played native for an hour without problems.
(click to show/hide)

Offline RichBaby

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RichBaby
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 09:13:18 pm »
After having no freezes for an hour, I eventually reverted back to freezing status again. Think my crpg life will end without any fixes.
You lose if you take it seriously.

Offline JKos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 10:37:19 pm »
I'm getting freezes too after the patch. I think that it is the lack of system RAM in my case, because c-rpg eats about 1.6GB RAM after the patch.

ATI Radeon HD4600 1GB
system RAM 2GB

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 03:36:22 am »
I'm getting freezes too after the patch. I think that it is the lack of system RAM in my case, because c-rpg eats about 1.6GB RAM after the patch.

ATI Radeon HD4600 1GB
system RAM 2GB

I got same amount, its ridiculos if an old game like this can eat so much ram.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 06:32:28 am »
This happens to me as well after the new patch. It also happens much more frequently with other warband mods that add even more armors and other models/textures, like prophesy of pendor, floris, and 1257ad. The conclusion I can draw from this is that if future patches add even more custom models without a new warband patch that fixes the core problem, I will be fucked.

A temporary method that seems to help me decrease the chances of these freezes are to start warband in native mode, and join a crpg server from that. You only need to do this when joining the first server. This prevents the new head models/textures from being loaded, the downside being that some players will have completely white heads because of missing textures (I estimate around 1 out of 10 players or so).

I have also tried the boot.ini fix and increasing my pagefile size with no luck, but for some people this seems to fix it. The guide for this can be found here.

Also, a light version of cRPG would be nice, with no replacements for native armor textures and faces. A patch that adds as little resources as possible.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:34:54 am by Ozin »

Offline Juunasson

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Munin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Munin
  • IRC nick: Munin
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 01:43:06 pm »
Thank you for making that setting clear for me.

Hm, well in my opinion it feels quite odd to play with system settings and decrease graphical settings in order to play a mod which should in theory work fine. It seems like we got a nice Audi here, but in order to not make it freeze on highway we have to enter the car from back window, or camouflage the car to Lada (stupid example but this is how I feel).

It's also quite frustrating because I can't really see any radical graphical differences between the latest version and the previous one... but for some reason new textures and such that make so high demand on RAM, then? This doesn't mean any good news for XP users. I wonder if developer could offer old textures as an option, in order to see if there are any improvements to this freezing problem.

Luckily I have played Bethesda's games and grown pretty used to different kind of problems. When it comes to mods, I hate whining since there're always people who have devoted their free time and effort to the mod.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:44:39 pm by Juunasson »
The ravens flying from Odin's shoulders; Huginn seeking hanged men, and Muninn slain bodies

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 01:56:28 pm »
Thank you for making that setting clear for me.

Hm, well in my opinion it feels quite odd to play with system settings and decrease graphical settings in order to play a mod which should in theory work fine. It seems like we got a nice Audi here, but in order to not make it freeze on highway we have to enter the car from back window, or camouflage the car to Lada (stupid example but this is how I feel).

It's also quite frustrating because I can't really see any radical graphical differences between the latest version and the previous one... but for some reason new textures and such that make so high demand on RAM, then? This doesn't mean any good news for XP users. I wonder if developer could offer old textures as an option, in order to see if there are any improvements to this freezing problem.

Luckily I have played Bethesda's games and grown pretty used to different kind of problems. When it comes to mods, I hate whining since there're always people who have devoted their free time and effort to the mod.

Most people think the memory usage strategies of Taleworlds are not optimal. cRPG is the perfect example : just a few more textures (and it's definetly that) are bringing the computers of a part of the playerbase to their knees.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 07:13:13 pm »
I'm getting these lag issues today and last night. other mods work fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 02:45:44 pm »
Mount and blade crashes to desktop every 20-50 rounds.  It does so at the end of the round as it is switching maps.
Mount and blade goes into this mode where it locks up for several seconds at a time every few seconds on rare occasion and restart is needed to fix.

Both of these issues did not start happening until the recent big patch.
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline Juunasson

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Munin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Munin
  • IRC nick: Munin
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 12:19:55 pm »
I have played some hours now, testing this new patch, and I haven't had any "freezing" problems. I didn't install Darker Caldaria + grass mod for the latest version, so I wonder if that has helped in some way.

Let's see, anyone else who could confirm this, or have I got my hopes high too early?
The ravens flying from Odin's shoulders; Huginn seeking hanged men, and Muninn slain bodies

Offline Swahili_Zulu_Mon

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Great, Mighty Shaka
  • Faction: ZULU
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 09:22:04 am »
Was there any fix found for this or are you guys just sucking it up and dealing with the crashes? I've tried all the options here and I still get crashes every 4-5 rounds. In addition to the runtime errors that were occuring occasionally before this latest patch,  the game hangs for 5-7 seconds very frequently during combat to the point where it's unplayable. It was running fine for the most part before the patch, I'd experience a crash only about every two hours (almost exactly what was described above) which was not that bad to deal with. After the patch though hangs have been happening a lot and the runtime errors are much more frequent.

My comp is can easily handle this game:

Windows 7 32bit Home Premium
3.06 Ghz Core Duo Intel CPU
ATI 4850 HD Radeon
4 GB Duel Channel DDR3 Ram

I don't think my system is an issue here.

Anyway, just curious to see if there's a fix or if this latest patch (9/20/11) has anything to do with it.

Thanks for your time and sorry for bumping an old thread, just used the search function and this was the most relevant thread I found.

Mighty Shaka Zulu

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 11:31:09 pm »
I experienced the same problems back in may when this thread was started. The last version ran quite fine for me, it crashed occasionally and sometimes I got the "freeze between 2 frames" bug, but it was playable. After the latest update it crashes or freezes almost every 2-5 mins for me.

I have tried:
- un- and re-installed all Visual C++ Redistributables
- lowered graphics to the bare minimum without any effect, even with full graphics the game gives me stable 85 fps (vsync)
- disabled all sound
- used load textures on demand
- terminated all not necessary process to free up as much memory as possible
- using the low-resolution texture pack

So far without success.

My system
C2D E8400 3.00Ghz
4 GB DDR2 PC2-6400 400Mhz
Nvidia GTX 460 1GB
Windows XP SP3 32-Bit

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:33:27 pm by Rogue »

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 02:05:05 am »
Since WSE was brought in my game has crashed sometimes, but not like usual, it's more like my GPU fails in the middle of playing cRPG, so I got a bit annoyed and checked my settings and found that my card is going up into the 70's in degrees celcius, so I turned my fan up to 50% and the temperature dropped quickly down to the 50's but then started to rise back up into the 60's then towards the 70's, I'd even knocked the fan up to 80% most I've ever had it on and the card was still almost reaching 70 degrees.

I'm shocked because in previous patches, say over a month ago, I'd be playing with fan speed on 50% and the card temperature would rarely exceed 60 degrees C, now since all these patches and especially after new items and WSE it appears my graphics card is going nuts and overheating to the point of crashing. I find this strange because my case has 3 large fans on it, graphics card has a fan, CPU and PSU have fans too, so that's quite alot of fans, also it doesn't do this on other games and it never used to a couple of months ago on cRPG either.

I'm still convinced cmpxghx is attacking my computer when I boot up warband.

My system is.

Ati radeon 5870 Sapphire vapour X

8 gig of ram at 1666 speed

AMD PHENOM X4 965 Processor 3.40ghz
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:10:47 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.