Author Topic: Remove Block from Pike and Long Spear  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Block from Pike and Long Spear
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 04:46:09 am »
Most of the community believes pikes need to be nerfed and have been complaining about it for awhile, its just a matter of time. People also keep saying that oh you must be bad if you cant 1v1 a pike. While a good player can 1v1 a pike, pikes are alot more fomidable in 1v1 combat than the pike fan boys let on. Problem is pikes always jump away from you to get distnace to stab you. They start out 5 ft away from you, jump and by the time they are 7 ft away from you they insta lawl stab you with a 30ft weapon in air. New players or people who forget think that they must have to be atlesate 15ft away from you to stab you and dont have to put up block right away, also jumping up infront of the person baits them into atacking you as doing this makes you vulernable when using any otehr weapon, which is why only pikes jump lawl stab. So they assume they cant be hit so close when they can infact be hit so close and thats what getes them.

And with the pierce damage and lawl stab effect it does a ton of damage. Not to mention most pikers are noobs who have to crutch with a pike as well as plate armor so killing them takes along time, and you have to pay close attention and block many lawl stabs, cause they are just instant stabs you gota be quick and have good reflexes, and again the distance thing can trick you if your not keeping it in mind. Alot of players cannot fight well enough to over come this, i see people lose 1v1s to pikers constantly. A pike in 1v1 is basically an awl pike with more reach, ya it cant overhand but no one who fights an awl piker actually thinks they are going to try to overhand them. Will i cant remember losing an actual duel to a piker, i have been stabbed by them cause with the instant jump/lawl stab you gota have quick reflexes and you cant always get block up in time. And i mean a pike is so easy to use too, far enough away u almost never have to block, you can only attack in one direction so you dont need to know how to fegin/mix up your attacks to hit your enemy, the thought of one of them trying to pick up a sword and fight someone 1 on 1 makes me lol. Playing a pike does not force you to develop any kind of combat skills when it comes to blocking and attacking, your just hitting one button all the time. Not only that, if the pikers keep saying pikes suck in 1v1 fighting, then why, when pikers end up in that situation, dont they pick up a pole arm off of a dead guy to duel the other teams last man standing? They dont, because not only would they not know how to use it, the pike can be good 1v1.

Also saying Mala, making the claim that the Pike is in fact overpowered and unrealistic but that does not matter becuase it is "balanced" this way and that this belongs in the realism forum doesnt really make sense. No one posts in the realism forum, and the two forums are the same thing anyways. The arguments people make there are for balance too, they claim changes should be made to balance the game based upon gross innacuracies in realism, so the ends are exactly the same, the means are different which is completely irrelevant, and realism implies balance to a large extent anyways. Pikes are the ultimate anti cav weapon with their reach just as they where historically, this jump/lawl stab stuff needs to end the community is sick of it. I guess you think we should make throwing rocks unrealistic to "Balance" them by having them filled with gunpowder so that they function like grenades, and if we dont like it we can take it to the realism forum to make the same argument we would be making here, that it is not realistic so it is not balanced so it must be changed. Differnt weapons are for differnt play styles, if you want to be anti cav be pike, if you want to be melle go 2h or sword and sheild, pike shouldnt be able to do everything.

If one weapon is so heavily used by such a large part of the populatin and it gets nerfed over and over again its probably OP.

Not reading your post but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct0ZqyJUfY8

Try not to have any nightmares!

You already sound like someone suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from a videogame weapon, hope this helps!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 08:16:25 pm »
Well as i was detic pikeman user  you can hit people spamming you all the time.
But with an mw long spear and  ps the one hit prop didnt do super damage and also after they got hit 1 or 2 times because they spam , they realise it and start to downblock after every hit aswel.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 08:30:38 pm »
NO
(click to show/hide)