Author Topic: Quitting the game  (Read 905 times)

Offline TheGoldElite

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: My own man
  • Game nicks: TheGoldElite
Quitting the game
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:51:02 pm »
I could write a massive story about why, but I'm just growing out of playing videogames it seems. I mean I love to play them, but I realise more and more that the longer I play, the more of my life I'm wasting and we only get one so hey ho. Who deserves +2 Lamellar armour? Seems like a shame just to leave it unused :/

EDIT I've decided who to give it to, send a PM. It was a white btw.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:37:18 pm by TheGoldElite »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Quitting the game
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 03:53:25 pm »
Is it black?
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »
+1
Give it to a friend.

From what I experienced, most "quitters" came back after weeks, or a few months.

So give it to someone who can use it, but will keep it for you.

Just my opinion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »
Give it to me, I'm poor.

Still be 100% sure before trading it because currently there's nothing like warband's combat.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 03:56:25 pm »
+1
Keep it.
And write down your account name and your password on a text file that you'll keep on your computer.

Then one day, maybe one month from now, one year, or even ten years, you'll think :
"Hey, i had fun playing that game. Why not give it another try ?"
And if you start again as a peasant, you'll definitely quit again.
Whereas if you start at lvl 24, with even an heirloomed item, you may stay playing for another four days, a month, or even a year.

You're indeed "wasting" your life when "playing". But the fun it provides, the people you encounter, kinds of makes up with it. You can't always live "purposefully", you need to have some good breaks. That's what games are for.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »
I have no looms yet and I could use this. I could promise not to sell it and in the event that you return to the game, I will give it back. So it would be more like you just let me use it untill I get my own looms. Or you could give it to me for keeps. Don't mind really. I just want to be able to craft something nice in strat.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 04:12:18 pm »
i got robbed by bandits , give it to me... :rolleyes:
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 04:21:10 pm »
+2
I could write a massive story about why, but I'm just growing out of playing videogames it seems. I mean I love to play them, but I realise more and more that the longer I play, the more of my life I'm wasting and we only get one so hey ho. Who deserves +2 Lamellar armour? Seems like a shame just to leave it unused :/

I can understand the sentiment. It is sometimes tied to a lack of a sense of accomplishment in other areas of life that you have grown to feel are more important in the long run. You'll have to figure out why that is, and find some projects aside from your regular work that can provide that fulfillment. (Or perhaps it is the regular work that isn't providing that fulfillment, I switched got a career path going way back when I was just earning coin for the bills)
When it is all said and done though, done forget that you will also need to feed the fun. C-RPG is great for that. You can hit it for a few rounds and log off again. So if you do decide to give away your gear, I recommend choosing someone who can be trusted to donate back to you when you get that itch to come play the best implementation of a fantastic genre.

Best of luck to you on your life path  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheGoldElite

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: My own man
  • Game nicks: TheGoldElite
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »
+1
Hmmmmm overall some good advice, and yes I don't think this will be the end of gaming for me, but I find that this game takes my time up in huge swathes, when I should be doing important things. Maybe it's for the best if I play something where whether I go to bed or stay up isn't governed by my multi xD. PC gaming takes up such huge amounts of time for me, maybe it's just my addictive personality. Anyways, I'll go play something else, I get annoyed that I'd have to dedicate huge amounts of time playing this to be very good, 500 hours and I'm still just below average :S

I'll give it to larlek, maybe one day I'll want it back, but it isn't really any loss to me.

I guess sometimes I just spend 3-4 hours on cRPG and realise I've let all the things I was supposed to do slip.

P.S look up chivalry:medieval warfare ;P looks interesting :)