Author Topic: Strategus: "Heavy wagon tracks"  (Read 377 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Strategus: "Heavy wagon tracks"
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:26:02 pm »
+6
So I think part of the problem with Strategus is that people don't really know where the major economic bloodlines are.  Clan X wants to war with Clan Y but short of roaming around the map sitting in various castles for a week at a time and then logging in every 30 minutes to look at the map, you probably don't know where their supply lines are.

And it probably shouldn't be THAT hard to figure out.  I mean any coin with any village along the way to ask, "Hey, you seen any big wagon trains go by here" would probably do it.  Or maybe just look for the road with all the deep ruts in it.

To that end, I suggest that caravans of, say, 100+ crates, leave tracks on the map.  You should be able to wander around, find the spot with tracks all over the place and go "ah, I guess this is the local bloodline".

Another idea would be to just build roadways into future maps.  If you have 100 crates or more you must move on a roadway (if you end up with 100+ crates outside of a roadway, say, after a battle, then you are reduced to 1/10th speed until you hit a roadway).  In this way, long trading routes would be somewhat more predictable.

Basically I think the trading idea is still the right way to go but I think the "raiding" aspect isn't being utilized as much as it should be, probably because there's no clear idea of where big trading caravans are happening.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
Re: Strategus: "Heavy wagon tracks"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:28 pm »
excellent train of thought and brainstorming.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mardam

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »
bump

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 04:12:23 pm »
Strategus has been neglected for months.  And great ideas like this has been steadily coming in since last fall, without any address from the dev's.  They're too worried about making c-rpg's website look pretty, and balancing equipment. 

Strategus has sooooo much potential...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy