Author Topic: New Fencing themed toons  (Read 5230 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: New Fencing themed toons
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 01:45:51 pm »
Actually, in your formula, velocity is much more important than mass, because it is squared. I leave you a hole to escape, or rather, embarass yourself further, though: you can claim that velocity doesn't matter, because a light weapon and a heavy weapon strike with the same speed.
Well, you would to keep in mind that the speed is depending on the rotation-angle. The tip of the weapon will be faster than the "holding end". Therefore the shorter weapon will have less speed on impact than the longer weapon - when both used in a swing. A thrust will be different.
Concerning the velocity... a heavier weapon will have less velocity than a shorter one if swung by comparable men since the energy for the swing takes mass into account.
There surely are possibilities to make a proper physical advance on this matter but at least I cba... =) Just commenting on the physics...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 04:48:03 pm »
If someone could make proper fencing mechanics and animation is M&B, do it. otherwise, using a foil like a longsword would look retarded.

I really want someone to try an block a flamberge with a rapier. Without adding bullshit mechanics into the game, any proper fencing combat would look ridiculous.

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 11:37:11 pm »
If someone could make proper fencing mechanics and animation is M&B, do it. otherwise, using a foil like a longsword would look retarded.

I really want someone to try an block a flamberge with a rapier. Without adding bullshit mechanics into the game, any proper fencing combat would look ridiculous.

It depends on the swing. If it's an overhead, it can be easily deflected with a rapier. A sideswing on hip height or slightly above, will be much harder to deflect.

Actually, stabs are hardest to deflect, because properly judging distance of a pointed end coming straight at you is very hard, and the timing has to be just right.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 01:12:11 am »
+1

You mean like someone swinging a flamberge around as though it were a foil? Good thing we don't have that type of bullshit mechanic!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 10:16:05 pm »
La, la, la

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7VWIQCHvM&feature=related

So bad the video spoiled itself.

The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.