Author Topic: CRPG Heroes  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: CRPG Heroes
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 06:30:04 pm »
Holy crap you got bombed fast.

:lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 06:39:57 pm »
Wow, this got negative voted down before I even got a chance to read it. Pretty funny though, especially the comments from the "Veteran" players who are bashing the idea.

This is how c-RPG used to be[/b].

There were a bunch of peasanty level and geared people running around trying to take down the MONSTERS (or Heroes in this guys terms) that had far better gear, stats, and levels than you could ever hope to catch. Before the patches, before the slot restrictions, before athletics and wpf and everything else was nerfed, you had people running around with BIDONCULOUS stats, weapons, and armor and you know what? IT WAS CHALLENGING AND FUN.

You know those threads that lament how such and such player is no longer around and how he used to destroy? That's because they were one of those MONSTERS, but post-nerf they just weren't the same. A few still did well because they had skill, but the game was no longer the same. The server no longer has the same reaction when a GoreTooth would join to play. Literally the entire opposing team would have to focus on that one player, or be wiped across the map.

Think about that. You know those threads about the "Old" c-rpg? It was what I just described and what (in a small way) this would attempt to recreate. I think several of you need to pull back your knee jerk reaction and put actual consideration to it.

What it could be successful as is a game mode called "Peasants and Pitchforks" where you have a larger team of peasants out to capture and slay a much much smaller team of Monsters.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 06:53:24 pm »
Wow, this got negative voted down before I even got a chance to read it. Pretty funny though, especially the comments from the "Veteran" players who are bashing the idea.

There were a bunch of peasanty level and geared people running around trying to take down the MONSTERS (or Heroes in this guys terms) that had far better gear, stats, and levels than you could ever hope to catch. Before the patches, before the slot restrictions, before athletics and wpf and everything else was nerfed, you had people running around with BIDONCULOUS stats, weapons, and armor and you know what? IT WAS CHALLENGING AND FUN.

You know those threads that lament how such and such player is no longer around and how he used to destroy? That's because they were one of those MONSTERS, but post-nerf they just weren't the same. A few still did well because they had skill, but the game was no longer the same. The server no longer has the same reaction when a GoreTooth would join to play. Literally the entire opposing team would have to focus on that one player, or be wiped across the map.

Think about that. You know those threads about the "Old" c-rpg? It was what I just described and what (in a small way) this would attempt to recreate. I think several of you need to pull back your knee jerk reaction and put actual consideration to it.

What it could be successful as is a game mode called "Peasants and Pitchforks" where you have a larger team of peasants out to capture and slay a much much smaller team of Monsters.

The nice old days :-) Headshotting people across the map from my horse at speed and one shotting peasants with body shots. And more accurate than most of the player whislt using plate armor  :twisted:

I love the old system, it was great, really fun, any class could be extremelly OPed, even throwing :P And there is nothing like killing the guy who killed everyone, especially as peasant  :twisted:

BUT it needed nerfing for the irregular/and not extremelly skilled player sake (no offence intended) as it was impossible to catch up with the big boys without being part of big strat battles.------------Which reminds me - Why, oh why do we have a huge silly allaince in EU zones? whats the point????? Its like playing chess but not attacking the other side, its boring...

Anyway, clearly the OP is trolling :P

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »
+1
I can see where the old system was fun, but it sounds like it encouraged grinding more than player skill.  Masterworking gear gives an edge for sure, but not nearly the edge that multiple levels provides. Right now I can play the game more casually and for fun, whereas if cRPG was reverted back to the old system I'd feel obligated to play a ton to stay high level and compete, which turns things into less of a game and more of a job.

I'm personally quite happy with cRPG as it is, all things considered.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 07:50:14 pm »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 08:22:46 pm »
strong hero (+5 ps and +75 wpf to all weapon classes)

Flammy with 6ps and 173 wpf is like
(click to show/hide)

Flammy with 11ps and 248wpf will be like
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 2631
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 09:09:07 pm »
Don't you worry bro, we already are heroes of this mod :wink:

Offline Artmarius

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: You know ma name ....
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 09:37:15 pm »
Uh ll be impressed if that stuff will get in cRPG

Ufter two nerfes uh just sucked up for bows  now...

U right .That  "buff" for 32 + (most actualy)  bring some more reasons for play cRPG.

StRip Da FleSHH!! SalT Da WounDS!! Muahaha..Ahmmuahaha!!

Offline Digu213

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Wahaha my skirt!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Royalist Knight
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 09:50:48 pm »
I want more deadliness and more buffing !!! Bring it on !  :twisted:

Plate armour is nice !! Ftw !

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:19 pm »
Might be cool on a less serious game mode.

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 02:48:18 am »
I want a grappling hook so bad!!!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline BeatrixKiddo

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: BeatrixKiddo_ATS
  • IRC nick: BKiddo
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 03:39:14 am »

:twisted: I REMEMBER THESE DAYS  :twisted:

pic related

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:51:39 am by BeatrixKiddo »