Author Topic: Being able to carry different trading goods  (Read 377 times)

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
Being able to carry different trading goods
« on: February 08, 2012, 06:50:24 pm »
Hello,
I never understood if it was to make thing simple , or if it was lazyness, but i never understood why someone is only able to carry only one sort of trading good?
The problem is if you have trading good , and if you attack someone that has other trading good , you trading good get transformed into the new kind of ftrading good.
I find that , that is lame. People should be able to care different trading goods.
Having the ability to carry different trading would create new sort of economy. For example caravan would be able to do rotating trip :
-Travelling accross calradia  in a circle and always selling the trading goods you got on the other edge of the circle.
That would also force Caravan to sell the trading goods always in the opposite of where they get them instead of having to make one trip.
I know that may make the game more complex ,but i think that since there isnt a lot of action in strategus for the moment having new way of behaving in strategus may make the game better
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:53:18 pm by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Being able to carry different trading goods
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:20:55 pm »
you trading good get transformed into the new kind of ftrading good.

O rly? I see a major potential abuse of this.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:09:29 pm »
Yes. But it would require making a battle and dev can watch that and have proof about

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:20:54 pm »
It doesn't matter.

The only things that matter are cost of making the good, and how much you can sell it for.

All goods could simply be called "Arbitrary unit of crap" and it would make no difference to the thing itself. It could however mean that if your carry 20 goods and you see a caravan with say 20 creates you can just hit it and the 2 would be combined.

This however is a minor issue.

The only real issue is when you forget to change to begging before you leave a town, march to another with your 200 trade goods and then produce 1 trade good... Thats a happy moment. The solution to that problem is simple. Anytime you leave a town you default to beg for a coin.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 03:43:18 pm »
The only things that matter are cost of making the good, and how much you can sell it for.

All goods could simply be called "Arbitrary unit of crap" and it would make no difference to the thing itself
You are so wrong! The only think that is important is where does the good come from.
Since the highest you can sell is around 130 the trading goods it doesnt matter if you crafted it for 3 or for 13. Thats not such a bigdeal