Good idea?

Yes
16 (59.3%)
No
11 (40.7%)
Other (Specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: [Heirlooms] Add heirloom combination  (Read 369 times)

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
[Heirlooms] Add heirloom combination
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:06 am »
+4
What I mean in the title is that if I have a +2 Arabian Cavalry Sword, and I trade for a +1 Arabian Cavalry Sword, let me combine them via a menu on the equipment screen (perhaps pay some significant gold fee [ex: 100k] to an 'heirloom smith' NPC) to make them into a +3 Arabian Cavalry Sword.

This would help balance the pricing between different heirloom levels, and would also bring down the value of heirloom points.

Of course, only heirlooms of the same weapon could be combined, so that heirloom points are still a valuable commodity.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:21:19 am by Xolvern »
boop

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: [Heirlooms] Add heirloom combination
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:22:44 am »
What I mean in the title is that if I have a +2 Arabian Cavalry Sword, and I trade for a +1 Arabian Cavalry Sword, let me combine them via a menu on the equipment screen (perhaps pay some significant gold fee [ex: 100k] to an 'heirloom smith' NPC) to make them into a +3 Arabian Cavalry Sword.

This would help balance the pricing between different heirloom levels, and would also bring down the value of heirloom points.

Of course, only heirlooms of the same weapon could be combined, so that heirloom points are still a valuable commodity.

Thoughts?

There are already more than enough +3s floating around. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more +3s than +2s and +1s put together. IMO there should be fewer higher level looms than lower level ones. It would be kinda nice if having a fully upgraded item was actually something to be proud of.

I think that you would be right in that the value of heirloom points would go down, but wouldn't it also increase the value of +1s and +2s? If that were to happen then they would be more out of reach of the average new guy who just sold his first loompoint and is looking to buy some stuff.

I remember there being a thread about this a while back, but I'm too lazy to dig it up. Hehe.