Author Topic: Movement impairing hits  (Read 197 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Movement impairing hits
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:49:19 pm »
+4
What i mean is that every weapons should have a stagger that actually stops the enemy, polestagger locks them in place for a short time while 2h and 1h only stuns for a brief moment which doesnt really do a difference i can still keep running after getting hit... Im not saying they should all get a stagger that allows another attack to be landed like polestagger is right now, but atleast something that doesnt allow them to escape while being hit.
I think I understand what you are asking for, and I kinda like it.

Whenever you are hit by a weapon, you get a long MOVEMENT penalty, but the "stagger" (how long until you can attack/block again), would be the same for all? That would actually be a pretty good thing to implement. Either you or me should make a thread about that in the suggestions corner.
From the discussion in this thread: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25022.0.html

It would make the polestagger (or really, any weapon you'd want to do this) hinder a players movement, instead of movement AND ability to block. So you can block after getting hit, but you get a big movement penalty for a couple of seconds, making it easier for other enemies to take advantage of you. Better that then having a full stagger and no chance of blocking. It would make it easier for groups of players to kill a single enemy, while taking away the bonus free hit that you can get if the polestagger can give you.

Personally I would want this for all weapons, but it could also replace the polearms extra stagger to keep spears/pikes/etcs greater support ability while not having the occasional bonus second hit.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia