Author Topic: Stronghold  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Stronghold
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 04:08:29 am »
Stronghold will be the next big thing after rageball is completed.
I remember you posted the reason stronghold was delayed. There was some issue (I think with the objects not actually disappearing when they are destroyed) that you guys were stuck on. I remember you asking if anyone here had any ideas. Is this just me remembering completely wrong, or are you actually looking for ideas?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 04:17:19 am »
Having played Stronghold for the few hours it was avaible in Na I can tell you object disapeared well and all, but it was kinda silly that we could destroy that big stone wall with melee weapons, here's hoping we'll need siege stuff to down it properly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 04:21:29 am »
Having played Stronghold for the few hours it was avaible in Na I can tell you object disapeared well and all, but it was kinda silly that we could destroy that big stone wall with melee weapons, here's hoping we'll need siege stuff to down it properly.
No, that wasn't what I was talking about. If i remember correctly, the issue was that when an object is "destroyed" it isn't actually removed from the server. It just becomes transparent and passable, but it is still chugging resources. That's what I remember the problem being and it could be I remember wrong. It's quite some time ago :/
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 06:04:09 am »
In that case I can't tell, but I see what you mean.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 08:45:29 am »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 09:36:34 am »
Now that's a bit offtopic but: not really.

An idea I would have loved to turn into reality is a kind of "instanced collaboration" mmo. Which means you have a big map with lots of tiles. every tile is a warband map. Everyone can open those tiles in the warband map editor, edit the map and contribute the changes to a global database. Like a wiki for a big world.

You could then run around a tile, and at the tile end, you switch to another server that has a different tile loaded.

Would all be possible except the "switch server part" - I've been lobbying to TW for years to get that feature (denied because of security issues) and then cmp (denied because of WAY too much work), so this will probably never happen.

What could happen eventually though is extending strategus villages to towns/castles via stronghold menu, or maybe even building new ones. Also, terraforming is possible with the new WSE.

Anyway, too offtopic.

Droools at vapourware!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 02:40:23 pm »
chadz.

Sandbox server?

cRPG could need a place to hang out while not fighting.. An Orgrimmar for cRPG!

Of course people would want to try and crash it all the time etc.. But it could have strong admin presence that could delete stuff. It could reset every day or every few days, so you would log on just to see what people had built.

I'm sure someone would love to host a test server. A place for NA an EU to meet! (Server could be located in Iceland, not that I really want to meet NA but.. )

I just imagine some possibilities like someone build a fort and the whole server spontaneously decide to try to defend and take it, RP style. Couple it with a public TS.
Of course there would be griefers and such, but if someone wants to build something they could just ask an admin for building rights.

Come on this is a great idea, face it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:43:12 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »
Now that's a bit offtopic but: not really.

An idea I would have loved to turn into reality is a kind of "instanced collaboration" mmo. Which means you have a big map with lots of tiles. every tile is a warband map. Everyone can open those tiles in the warband map editor, edit the map and contribute the changes to a global database. Like a wiki for a big world.

You could then run around a tile, and at the tile end, you switch to another server that has a different tile loaded.

Would all be possible except the "switch server part" - I've been lobbying to TW for years to get that feature (denied because of security issues) and then cmp (denied because of WAY too much work), so this will probably never happen.

What could happen eventually though is extending strategus villages to towns/castles via stronghold menu, or maybe even building new ones. Also, terraforming is possible with the new WSE.

Anyway, too offtopic.

I wrote a long long long ass post about an idea i had regarding that idea.. let me see where i put it..

if you have the patience to read it
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2500.msg42278.html#msg42278
a simple work around for your idea chadz is to just having the server auto-kick people from servers they arent supposed to be in.
Servers that arent in a battle stage would be around 30 slots and when a server is in battle stage the particular map gets loaded on a server with say 100 slots
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:27:34 pm by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think