Author Topic: cRPG is looking for help! [php coder]  (Read 14973 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG is looking for help! [php coder]
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2011, 03:54:07 am »
My feelings exactly.

Then they murdered millions of Natives and became true Americans !!!

There weren't millions to start with and they came from Asia, so there were no true natives.  There was murder involved on BOTH sides.  Don't rewrite history, even jokingly.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2011, 04:33:39 am »
ok now that thread has derailled help me use my spare time:

is learning coding worth it? I've always wanted to know how, but always put that later because... no reason in fact...

if answer is yes by what should I start? if no... what are you doing in this thread... and it's a bit evident I just want free help because of laziness, duh!

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2011, 06:50:14 am »
+1
is learning coding worth it? I've always wanted to know how, but always put that later because... no reason in fact...

if answer is yes by what should I start? if no... what are you doing in this thread... and it's a bit evident I just want free help because of laziness, duh!
Whether or not coding is worth it is entirely dependent on you. If you have the motivation, desire, or need to go out and use it, then it's worthwhile. But if you're going to learn it and then never use it, obviously not worthwhile. Just try to figure whether or not you would actually use it often if you learned it.

If you've never coded before and want to start, it's going to be tricky as there's a lot of tricks that other programmers would usually be the ones to teach you. But it can be done without classes and is done quite often for that matter. Since you don't seem to play on doing this for a career, you're probly interested in web development. In which case, I have the perfect site to help you learn. It's pretty simple and I use it to learn almost any web development tool I'll need.
www.w3schools.com

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2011, 11:23:17 am »
+1
Since Isatis is a french speaking player , i would better recommend him siteduzero.com
I think the best way to learn to code is to start a small project (and it's better if it is usefull), and each time you need to do something find the correct way to do it.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2011, 11:33:37 am »
+1
There weren't millions to start with and they came from Asia, so there were no true natives.  There was murder involved on BOTH sides.  Don't rewrite history, even jokingly.

I am beyond rewriting history. Even jokingly.

Since Isatis is a french speaking player , i would better recommend him siteduzero.com
I think the best way to learn to code is to start a small project (and it's better if it is usefull), and each time you need to do something find the correct way to do it.

True. Although you need to remember to skip the lines ending with a smiley when you read it. 99% of those are straight useless.
A bit like this one :D

But starting a project from scratch (and by that I mean 0 programming knowledge) is quite hard. You don't know what's in your reach and what is not. They have good html, php and C++ tutorials about the basics, and that should be enough for a beginner's first year. When you are able to do the basic stuff, then you can think about a cool thing to create and start doing it, learning new things as you go.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2011, 03:04:57 pm »
thanks all for answer! your two site are in the thing that kept website near (favoris)

I have a friend who does HTML and php and another one who does C++ and C. they were just too lazy to teach me the basic (they want me to do the hard part so them can have cool discussion with me... sigh evil friend)

so lemme time to get that apart and i'll come back!

(ps merci cosmos, j'ai beau être supposément parfait bilingue, ma compréhension de l'anglais chute dangereusement lorsque l'on s'éloigne de la littérature : je lis du Shakespeare, mais faire des math en anglais...)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:34:34 am by isatis »
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2011, 03:16:16 pm »
No sane person would use assembly outside of microcontroller or extermely low level programming. It's a must for reverse engineering, though.

PS: My remark was a joke, obviously. :D

Integrate motion capture plox.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline MrIlluminati

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • So be it.
    • View Profile
    • ^^
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: Illuminati
  • IRC nick: Illuminati
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2012, 04:33:54 am »
+2
PHP is my expertise, I was the one that made the cRPG Manager as well. Would love to join the team.

I am 21, American, Not black :( and male.

My name is Ashton Schultz.

I am currently employed for doing the PHP on www.e-techsiliconvalley.com www.e-techeshop.com and www.e-techalltv.com, I manage their entire PHP Zen cart e-commerce system to administration system, give me a private PM if you want my MSN or something, I'll be on IRC as well.

Actually started dabbling in 3d game programming to make my own m&b2, but its light years away if anything lol. The maps I got to render looked exactly like m&b, and the way m&b generates water & reflections was the same, thats how bored I am haha, I am sure I could be more productive helping you guys.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:58:02 am by MrIlluminati »

Offline Shigeru

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Saminjatan
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Ronin_Shigeru
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »
Hey, I'm not sure if this need has been filled by now but I'd be interested in helping out if it's still required. I have 6+ years of coding experience in a variety of languages and some considerable amount of time with PHP. I'm currently the head of IT in a small advertising company.

In addition I've ran a number of gaming communities centered around modding and have worked with complex emulation servers, as well as smaller side interests such as minecraft servers, etc.

I've been with cRPG since before we had these forums and Strategus and all that jazz, back in the days where you got XP based on how close you were to the killings and we could pile proficiency points into characters and get insane weapon combinations. ;)

I'd welcome the chance to get on board and help flesh out Strategus and the web portion of the mod, so if you need the help toss me an email at [email protected]. Elsewise if it's already filled then good stuff, cheers.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 12:08:28 am »
+2
I guess I'll throw my hat in as well, as I'm a web developer. This is probably old and the role's been filled, but whatever.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.