Author Topic: 1h weapon build?  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 1h weapon build?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 10:18:18 pm »
What people like Formless dont understand, due to their lack of intelligence, is that this game is not played under "fair" circumstances.

When you play with a bad internet connection and on top of that with an old computer, its obvious that others with good internet and computer swing faster.

Nathaniel the first thing you should check is if this is the problem.

Do the following. Go to native Singleplayer, normal speed, AI on good (AI on good is better than most crpg players) and report how you are doing. When the AI can outspam you, well, then your are too slow, and others are better, what means you have to practice when you want to do better in multiplayer.
In this test is important that you dont circle around, dance and spam, force yourself to parry, strike, parry, strike.
Are you fast enough to strike back, or does the AI swing faster than you could strike?

When you can win against the AI even on fastest speed, then its your internet, not your lack on skill.

When you lose against AI, then you have to practice more. =)

As I wrote in another topic, crpg privileges authistic 2h/polearm spammers. Only awlpike/battlefork tards can spam easier than they can.
I know that. When I can play without delay, I dont lose in native with shield against 2h/polearms very often. When and if I lose, its because the other guy chambers me, be it skill, or just luck, doesnt matter.
1hshielder in crpg is a lot harder than in native, but it is not impossible.
Try what I said.

If its your internet, do like everyone else with the same problem: get the bigger stick, and spam back! 

On builds, 18/18 is fine, but I am with Bruce and other successfull shielders, 21 str 7 ps is best, cos you can 1 shot many with a swing to the head.

High agi can compensate a shitty internet a bit, but its still shitty. So polearmspammer, 2hstabber, would be your way then.

So less than 18 str for a 1h is like 1 power draw for a bowman: funny, you will get tons of hits, but kills, no, not really.

Sounds weird, but str is for a 1h more important than for a 2h in crpg.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daergar_the_Tank
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 10:51:16 pm »
I run 21/15, with 7 IF instead of converting and 146 wpf. The next build will either be 27/12 or a nutty agi build.

It all comes down to what you want to accomplish. I am trying to do everything at once, hence the IF and it's far from ideal.

If you wish to flank the enemy and make them peel off half a dozen guys to chase you as your team moves in for the kill, you definately want to focus on agility and a high shield skill.

If you want, for instance, to dash in at a 2her and slice at the head with a sarranid cavalry sword, you can make it work with a balanced build or even agi 15.

And if you want to be a one-shotter that focuses on sneaky stabs and whatnot, 27 str and 9ps can hardly go wrong.

Just don't be a run of the mill shielder who goes "block - swing - block - swing" until someone gets tired, gives them a kick and stabs them to death. Think about what you want to do and or what your current build can do, then practice that.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 12:44:14 am »
You should also look up the formula for overloading. I guess with 3 weapons + shield, you are overloaded, and thus slower than you could be. I don't remember the correct formula, but most builds can't carry more than around 20kg before being overloaded. I'd ditch two of the weapons. You can't have everything in this game, so decide whether you want a mace, axe or sword, and only bring this.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:45:56 am by zagibu »
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Murrogh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 02:05:20 am »
I tried a 12-24 build but found that I glanced too much, although the extra agility was nice.

My most solid build so far has been an agility build. It ended up at about 1100:650 for kill's to deaths. I have been using a steel pick and sarranid guard armor.

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

* Strength: 15
    * Agility: 21
    * Hit points: 60

* Converted: 2
    * Ironflesh: 5
    * Power Strike: 5
    * Shield: 5
    * Athletics: 7

* Weapon Master: 7

* One Handed: 163

The weapon that you use should dictate what build you use. If you are using a longer weapon, you can afford to be a little slower by relying on the weapon range. For a short weapon, I think you will find yourself outmaneuvered if you have less agility.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 02:46:29 am »
What people like Formless dont understand, due to their lack of intelligence, is that this game is not played under "fair" circumstances.

When you play with a bad internet connection and on top of that with an old computer, its obvious that others with good internet and computer swing faster.

You really did not read my initial explanation of how melee works very carefully, did you?   In it I clearly said the following:

I noticed that this paradigm breaks down when there is a huge disparity between two opponents wpf, when there is considerable lag on the server.  During high ping times.  During high fps times.  The better the computer and internet connection the better this paradigm will hold during those times.  Sadly I since I am a broke student all the above happen to me regularly.  :(

I don't why you are so angry :(
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 03:22:01 am »
You really did not read my initial explanation of how melee works very carefully, did you?   In it I clearly said the following:

I don't why you are so angry :(

Easier to attack an arguement then read it in full,  :(
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 03:39:33 am »
You can't attack faster with a better ping or faster computer, that's bullshit. But if you lag, the server might use an extrapolated position for you, although on your machine you may have evaded. Also, you will see wrong positions and animations of others, because you receive the packets too late.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Hyroshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 04:59:07 am »
Do not let 2hers work around to thy back... Be aware of your flanks and stay aggressive! :)
"Heaven is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking