Author Topic: Strat battle training server.  (Read 654 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Strat battle training server.
« on: January 27, 2012, 05:56:09 am »
A server for testing strat tactics and maps. With a full rotation of all the city and castle maps: so bugs can be found and rooted out!

But mostly for training. Unlike siege it doesn't have a cap point, instead both sides are issued with tickets. Use the battle roster system to be able to pre-alocate players and teams and boost team play.

Gear pools are allocated, just like in strat. Perhaps have some one update the attacking sides gear pool every few days. Have the defending castles/towns just use the current NPC gear arrangement.

I think it would be great to be able to practice. And strat is just so much more tactical than both siege and battle.

Grey Order had a hell of a time at Praven and it wreaked of inexperience and lack of organisation.

The Nord defence of Kitten Fortress has been, from what I've seen has worked thus far very well organised, but I do fear for our poor kitten over lords.

I would love to see a coordinated well executed assault, with towers and catapults and the right shock troops pouring onto the walls before the clean up crew settle in for good old fashioned spawn rape.

EDIT:

I would like to add that the final assult on Praven by the Greys was tactical and very well done.

Congratulations Greys :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:57:39 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: Strat battle training server.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:03:15 pm »
This is an awesome idea.

Please implement.

It could be something like neutral vs neutral battles. I.E. Praven vs Reyvadin when the schedule is light.  For reduced XP, of course.  :)
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Strat battle training server.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:35:30 am »
Use the new Battle groups for this.

If i were you - secure a server you can use for an event, then make your battle groups and fight - similar to strat but it's in battle mode.

Or is that a crap suggestion?