Poll

Your suggestion...

Is great, please add it!
6 (75%)
Is a terrible idea and should be destroyed!
0 (0%)
Is good but needs (post) to be great.
1 (12.5%)
Just makes me have no opinion.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 11, 2012, 05:50:26 pm

Author Topic: Rewarding Battle Commanders  (Read 514 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Rewarding Battle Commanders
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:49:37 pm »
I know it isn't fair to take another players gold in a game like this.

But I also think it isn't fair if the attacker/defender really has no direct profit for fighting battles. (Excluding trade goods and equipment you capture)

That being said:

Maybe if the actual battle generated gold, maybe based on a % of the gold value of the players killed on either team. Also make it so there is no bonus for winning, its based purely on performance regardless of outcome.

Like a battle commission but it only goes to the commander of the battle. Since we can make gold doing everything EXCEPT what strat is really meant for (battles) I think the dev team should take a close look at rewarding commanders of battles on both sides.

Here is my suggestion for it:

Each enemy player killed in battle generates: 1g for every 10 levels up to 30, and +1 gold for each level after 30. Plus 5% of the gears value on the enemy. So a level 30 player with 500g worth of stuff is worth 28 gold to the commander when killed. An army of 1500 men that are all killed with an average of 500g worth of gear and level 30 would be worth 42,000.

The gold generated only goes to the commander, from that gold the commander can easily pay mercenaries to fight, and maintain battle strength after victory. The loser keeps their gold, plus the amount they earned in the battle making recovery faster.

The main idea of this is once clans are at battle strength, it wouldn't be a super huge loss if an entire army is destroyed, also winning a tough victory won't take months to recover.

Keep in mind these numbers can be tweaked to be higher or lower, but I really think what this game is missing is a direct reward for fighting battles.

Please note this was pulled from another thread
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:51:22 pm by Konrax »

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: Rewarding Battle Commanders
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:21:13 pm »
i wonder how many people don't retire at lvl 31
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Rewarding Battle Commanders
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 08:44:04 am »
I had 3 lvl 32s with me at my battle with Chaos, 2 of them had +250 ping though :p

I like the idea, it would be good to see it tested out and played with.

Another thing inrelation to the comander that I want to see is being able to define who uses what.

It would be great if pre-battle you could assign equipment to people. So that your reliable good players can use the good gear and your randoms can use the middle of the road stuff. It would be really helpfull with siege gear as well.

Nothing is more frustrating than having some nob walk up and throw a mat into your construction site as your cycling through to something.

Also the comander should be able to kick people from his team at will.

I guess in general it would be great to see more stuff for the comander/hero to do or be able to do.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:49:45 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(