• cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Poll
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 10:04:19 pm »
more "intellectual" people on here such as Tears

:lol:
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 03:54:57 am »
OCCUPY NATIVE SERVER!

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 11:36:42 am »
+3
Hmmm. I do really like to play native once in a while.
I accidentally started out with cRPG when i first bought Warband 2 years or so ago...
Simply because it was the most populated server. Well, I was hooked from the start and basically never really tried out native.
Apart from the nditions duel-server that is. Here I basically learned blocking/dueling in general.
Half a year ago i was bored of the grind and got onto a native server. I had a lot of fun with the deathmatch. I simply love that gamemode and think its really missing in cRPG. But after a while, that had gone stale again. I like the customization cRPG delivers.

Now I do both. Normally I'm playing cRPG and grind half my life away, but when I want some clean, uncomplicated, pure fun, i switch to native Deathmatch. Both gamemodes have good players, and bad players. Everybody starts out as a noob, but if he stays with the game gets gradually better... Every mode has its own appeal.

I really don't get all the bashing from both sides. I mean obviously there, as here, the community consists of very different ages and mindsets and because of the anonymity the internet has given to us, several people behave like dicks, simply because they can.
The thing which you should not forget when you argue about something on the internet is: You're probably not arguing with someone on the same level.

Probably the person which you reply to, and try to discuss something with is a 13 - 20 year old under the full influence of pubertal hormonepeaks, a really dumb person or just so set in his/her ways that its pointless to argue anyway. With the sole exception that you belong to one (or a similar) of the categories above.
Everyone who has at least some kind of an adult (or open or average-intelligent) mind should see through this right away and simply stop trying to argue. Like I said its completely pointless...

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:00:42 pm by BlameMeForTheNoise »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:18 pm »
I did not get my 2 cents in :(
Just a soldier

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 01:47:47 pm »
+1
Bummer ManO. I don't see all what all the cross module hate is about, for all the differences it's still the same game, at the heart of things.

Also it makes me sad that everyone ignored this, because it seems like one of the few genuine, non-trolling posts in the whole thing:

Quote from: chadz
Truth to be told, this thread makes me a sad panda. Not because of the hate towards cRPG, you get used to that. No, it's the fact that two different gamemodes of the same game can cause such bias and such a split. With the same game mechanics.

This is why I want to propose a competition. The best players of Native vs the best players of cRPG. 2 Battle rounds in a fair environment, one in Native, one in cRPG with equal chars. In the end, it might prove something. Something that should have been proven a long time ago.

It might prove that we can have fun playing together.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 02:25:26 pm »
but the fact that the moderator jumped in on the cRPG hate wagon was just stupid and proved that the forum is just full of fail trolls and haters.

You be good troll. I like.  :lol:
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »
Truth to be told, this thread makes me a sad panda. Not because of the hate towards cRPG, you get used to that. No, it's the fact that two different gamemodes of the same game can cause such bias and such a split. With the same game mechanics.

This is why I want to propose a competition. The best players of Native vs the best players of cRPG. 2 Battle rounds in a fair environment, one in Native, one in cRPG with equal chars. In the end, it might prove something. Something that should have been proven a long time ago.

chadz is the biggest troll ever.

Bummer ManO. I don't see all what all the cross module hate is about, for all the differences it's still the same game, at the heart of things.

Also it makes me sad that everyone ignored this, because it seems like one of the few genuine, non-trolling posts in the whole thing:

:wink:

now the debat should go on if chadz was trolling or not...
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 04:19:56 pm »
Hmmm. I do really like to play native once in a while.
I accidentally started out with cRPG when i first bought Warband 2 years or so ago...
Simply because it was the most populated server. Well, I was hooked from the start and basically never really tried out native.
Apart from the nditions duel-server that is. Here I basically learned blocking/dueling in general.
Half a year ago i was bored of the grind and got onto a native server. I had a lot of fun with the deathmatch. I simply love that gamemode and think its really missing in cRPG. But after a while, that had gone stale again. I like the customization cRPG delivers.

Now I do both. Normally I'm playing cRPG and grind half my life away, but when I want some clean, uncomplicated, pure fun, i switch to native Deathmatch. Both gamemodes have good players, and bad players. Everybody starts out as a noob, but if he stays with the game gets gradually better... Every mode has its own appeal.

I really don't get all the bashing from both sides. I mean obviously there, as here, the community consists of very different ages and mindsets and because of the anonymity the internet has given to us, several people behave like dicks, simply because they can.
The thing which you should not forget when you argue about something on the internet is: You're probably not arguing with someone on the same level.

Probably the person which you reply to, and try to discuss something with is a 13 - 20 year old under the full influence of pubertal hormonepeaks, a really dumb person or just so set in his/her ways that its pointless to argue anyway. With the sole exception that you belong to one (or a similar) of the categories above.
Everyone who has at least some kind of an adult (or open or average-intelligent) mind should see through this right away and simply stop trying to argue. Like I said its completely pointless...
Spot on.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 04:47:26 pm »
It would be cool if you could customize your build and equip, but no grinding, something  like "mercenaries" mod.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 05:49:22 pm »
You be good troll. I like.  :lol:

well not that this forum doenst have trolls *cough* *cough* but to be honest only thing i go on TW forum for is the smaller mod treads and to see if any new mods have been released and actually I try not to troll if i do its probably by accident  :lol: so Id class my self as a fail troll to  :mrgreen:
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 01:13:50 pm »
It would be cool if you could customize your build and equip, but no grinding, something  like "mercenaries" mod.

Why you ignore my post there? STF-style customization!

Also, no hate towards native players or native as such, just the people inhabiting TW forums.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 01:52:00 pm »
native is fun but it's getting old and need tournaments or events to stay alive , pubs are fun ( 22nd siege ) but it's getting boring after a while , i just like the maps.
remember dueling ramses in nditions when he was a lonewolf ehehehe , after some week he joined the crpg dark side :P.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 03:05:06 pm »
Goddamn, i didnt know native players hated cRPG this much. When i first bought M&B Warband, i had been waiting for it for a looong time and was so excited about the multiplayer. When i got the game i played it for like 2 hours and thought it was pretty decent, but got boring fast because i had no goal whatsoever. I expected it to be like cRPG is now but i got a pretty simple CS like game. And so i stopped playing and then came back after like a month and found crpg somehow, dont remember how ^^. Crpg was crazy at that time but i still loved it because i am a fan of grinding and leveling and always will be.

I dont care if Mount and blade 2 will be like crpg, because if it isnt chadz will probably (I hope) add the crpg mod to it aswell.. if not then i probably wont be playing much M&B2.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA