Poll

Revert throwing back to pre-ranged nerf?

yes
50 (79.4%)
no
13 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Throwing :(  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: Throwing :(
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 04:37:26 pm »
I dunno guys, why are you all using javelins? To me javelins are supposed to just be basic dinky pointy sticks you throw for psychological and harassing effect. You are also only putting in 3PT to use them, they should hardly be killing machines.

If you actually want to be messing up people with throwing I think it's only fair to expect people to be using 5PT jarids. Anything under 5PT should really be considered a harassment weapon, not a killing weapon. Maybe buff Heavy axes and move them up to 5PT to give an alternative to Jarids. I mean for archers if they want serious stopping power ythey need to bust out a longbow, why should weaksauce sub-5PT throwing weapons be different?

I can't talk about the issues of dedicated throwing but play as a hybrid 1h/shield/thrower infantry, 5 PT and I think about 90 WP. I use jarids and get a fair amount of kills or at least nicely soften up heavy infantry. I'm happy with my investment/sacrificies (I wear leather armour, the points I spent) into them and don't think they are too weak. Love the utility of being able to whip them out and pop someone coming up a ladder/charging me, gunning down some light guy trying to flee, or sniping a perched archer on a rooftop above me.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »
+1
Those people who vote for no must be some kind of assholes who want 1000 throwing axe to kill a tincan

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 06:13:20 pm »
Devs must have been reeeeally drunk or high when they put in that range nerf.  I mean, I made some stupid mistakes (trades, respecs) after having a couple drinks, so I totally understand how this happens.

Still, they have the power to reverse it and try again! :)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »
Pt 8 Lance thrower (Gaulois), archers wearing leather take at LEAST 2 lances to kill. I've already hit some with 2 who have survived. Patently ridiculous. Xbows also need a buff. Archers? They can go fuck themselves, they're fine. Anything with 20+ ammo and the ability to be accurate over long distances and have a relatively good rate of fire, headshots are doable. With throwing? Not so much. Xbows? Rate of fire is terrible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32:02 pm »
Ranged nerf was clearly overdone.
Removing ladders was great, but damage nerf is too much. (I am infantry)

After nerf there were few days when crpg battles was enjoyable, but now its cav fest, i cant even finish one map without GTX. Its not fun at all turn your view around every second and when finally engage in fight only to be backstabbed by cav. :rolleyes:

Throwing need prenerf damage back.
Archery and xbow are ok, maybe few more percent on body damage(75) will be nice, but what we need for sake of balance is full damage when archer/xbowman hit horse body.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 07:47:52 pm »
I have 5 Power Throw this gen, and alternate between Heavy Throwing Axes and Jarids. Throwing is a total joke now:

-It took three Jarids to kill an archer in light armor
-I put two Heavy Axes in the skull and one in the chest of a 50ish armor guy, didn't kill him. Then he one-shot me with his Bec
-Put five of my Jarids in the chest of a guy wearing a Coat of Plates as he walked up a ladder. He also one-shot me with his Bec, then took several more melee hits from my teammates after that to go down

If two slots/8 weight/14k worth of throwing weapon isn't enough to kill a guy in high-medium armor, then I don't see the point. I'll just drop throwing next gen for more stats. An extra level of Power Strike will get me a lot more kills than throwing ever will.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:56 pm »
Well another prob is all these guys with 8-10 Ironflesh and then a suit of +3 armour (even med-heavy). Forget throwing there's plenty of people I basically can't kill with my +3 1h broad axe either (even with the alt. pierce mode...). Gotta hit them 4-7 times while they can 1-2 hit me with their polearm even when hitting me close range with the hilt of a 6 foot stick.

Being a STR/IF crutcher with a suit of +3 armour still has very little downside in this mod and is a huge balance issue to adress.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 06:05:31 pm »
just hit a cavalry player wearing monk outfit twice in the chest, once he was running onto the jav... dont care how much if he has and I doubt he has much, he has to have some agility to be cav, that guy should be dead :/
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 02:53:11 am »
I remember someone surviving 2 throwing lances to the body with 7 PT. Yeah.

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget