Author Topic: CRPG Launcher asks for CD key, Steam launch is fine.  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
CRPG Launcher asks for CD key, Steam launch is fine.
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:13:41 pm »
I tried to install the 1.143 version, and DID NOT USE A CD KEY CHANGER when it asked for one; i just tried to play without it. said the fucking WSE wasnt running when i ran the CRPG launcher with it.

so now, i uninstalled that, uninstalled steam version, reinstalled steam version, deleted c-rpg, reinstalled c-rpg with the launcher... and you know what? it still asks me for a fucking cd-key. The funny thing is though that its all activated without the C-RPG launcher. go figure.

so now what? should i convert to 4x4 and wait for someone to switch over my character because c-rpg launcher isnt recognizing my key status or what?

OH, and to be perfectly clear:

1.) i have the most current version of warband, since its supposed to work.
2.) i uninstalled the platform version that i downloaded (1.143)
3.) i never used any cd-key converter. i did try once to use steam key in the 4x4, just to see if it would work. it didnt.
4.) i have the most new C-RPG mod version for steam (.273)
5.) i have C-RPG launcher in the same folder as the EXE

also, steam is creating a mb_warband_old file :/

For those of you who cannot open the game because you are using steam. Download 1.143 the whole thing (580 mb +) will takes more than a hour. So download this instead  (10 mb) and put it in your steam warband folder just like mine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband. Paste it there and overwrite everything, use steam to open the game problem solved.

Link to fix CRPG for steam users : http://www.mediafire.com/?m36lnc5n9ekpinx

Also make sure you disable auto update for warband, to do this. Open steam, right click warband, press update and turn it off.

tried this too. reinstalling steam version because now steam is asking me for a fucking cd key. which is 4x4, even though i have 5x5 FUUUUCK!@@!@!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:28:57 am by Soldier_of_God »

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
Re: CRPG Launcher asks for CD key, Steam launch is fine.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:07:03 pm »
You're fucked like the rest of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:09 pm »
aww :(

Offline heranormus

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 01:21:44 pm »
Same here.
I have the same problem after following pretty much the same steps. I also have a 5x5 key.

When using the launcher it asks me to activate my license or play in trial mode. The only way I can play crpg now is by launching Warband from Steam without using the launcher. Once loaded I will get an error saying that the I should use the launcher, but I can play ok.