Author Topic: Unban Scotsman  (Read 1325 times)

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Unban Scotsman
« on: February 25, 2011, 05:14:53 pm »
Apparently, I need to post here to find out how long I am banned for.

Banned for:

1) Intentionally TKing someone at the end of the round.
2) Attacking team mate at the end of a round.
3) Likely also for challenging the decision by Nuffen.

I refuse to admit intention on the first matter, because it was a genuine mistake. Believe what you will. It was a mistimed pike attack right at the end of the round on the last enemy I was trying to roundhouse around a team mate near me. Hit him instead. Note also I wasn't asked but immediately kicked.

I admit intention on the second matter, though it was done as a joke at the end of the round. The team mate did not die. This is apparently against server rules (which may I point out were only published on this forum after I challenged this decision, someone had to copy them over from the Taleworlds forum). If that is the retrospective case, then I apologise.

On the third point I have no comment but that it seems punishment is dished out with a level of triviality I find digustingly unfair.

However, as we discussed on IRC you lack clear guidelines on the standards of punishment or warning to be given, and the lack of consistency in punishment in all cases.

As I said, I will write a constructive comment on all this at some point and post it in the appropriate forum. If nothing comes of it, and all I get is trolled and flamed or ignored, then you can't say I didn't try. It's your mod, if you don't care about real as opposed to tokenistic fairness, then there's fuck all I can do about it.

So, in summary, sorry about "having a laugh" by attacking the other guy at the end of the round and my ignorance of your badly published rules, and genuinely sorry for being hot headed on IRC about the whole issue. I make no apology for the TK, as it was genuinely unintentional and I was not given the fair courtesy of being asked if it was before someone exercised his power with child-like joy.

After a long day dealing with people I just want a bit of a laugh on a game, and thats why we play video games. I cannot be arsed with more politics.

With all due respect,
Scotsman

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
Re: Unban Scotsman
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:46:21 pm »
Respect? o.O

Ok, lets start with why you were banned. Even if I told you this clearly at least 4-5 times, you got it wrong.

You got a KICK because of two tks, where one was obiously intentional (I was watching it in spectator).
Then you raged and started insulting me, instead of trying to find out what rule you broke to challenge my decision. Ofc, this ended in a mute, and I started to regret that I made a exception for you. Usually I give people who intentional tks a day to cool down, and I admit I should have done this to you too. AT this point, I changed my decision and gave you a 1d ban. But as you started to require my attention on IRC, I had to delay the ban.
On IRC I noticed that you did not only dismiss my decision. You also stated that:
-Your allowed to tk someone as a joke
-Your allowed to tk after round has ended
-You should only be warned if doing an intentional tk.
-That this is not about you tking, but about me disliking you (yes, thats why I kicked you instead of banning, its because I hate you </sarcasm>)

While doing this, your ban-time grew, and the only reason Im not forcing you to make an essay is because I dont like forcing people to write an essay.
At the end, your unban day ended up to be 01th mars, which is only 4 days.

Also ,the decision of posting the rules on the forum was made before this happened, it just took some time. And, might I also add, Ive asked for em several times.

Your attitude is that YOU should have fun, even if you destroy the fun for others. This is why we got admins, to let people have fun without being griefed by people who think thats fun.

PS. Your allowed to disagree about the rules. But then the enforcer of the rules aint the problem. If you wanna be permitted to intentionally tk people, go make a thread about removing the rule, instead of attacking me for enforcing the rule. Tho, I dont think youll get a lot of support.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:12:39 pm »
"You got a KICK because of two tks, where one was obiously intentional (I was watching it in spectator)."

Incorrect. One TK, One team attack. May I also point out of the burden of proof is on you.

"Then you raged and started insulting me, instead of trying to find out what rule you broke to challenge my decision."

I am fully within reason to challenge a decision that is built on a flawed basis (that I had TKed TWICE) and one that is hastily taken without a warning or further enquiry.

"Ofc, this ended in a mute, and I started to regret that I made a exception for you. Usually I give people who intentional tks a day to cool down, and I admit I should have done this to you too. AT this point, I changed my decision and gave you a 1d ban. But as you started to require my attention on IRC, I had to delay the ban."

My mistake is that I get hot headed. I fully admit that. However, that I'm a hot headed prick doesn't validate your lack of clear and legitimate reasoning. Like I said, there was ONE TK, not TWO. Furthermore, you punished me by kicking me on a wrong basis and then proceeded to mute me. Show a little empathy and put yourself in my boots: wouldn't you be pissed off if you just got stuffed by an admin, then he mutes you when you try and get a little justice? Of course you would.

"On IRC I noticed that you did not only dismiss my decision. You also stated that:
-Your allowed to tk someone as a joke"

Evidence. And do not mistake me saying I done it as a joke as a 'mitigating reason' with me saying it as it is a good reason. As I said, based on your rules and on further reflection, this was wrong of me.

"-Your allowed to tk after round has ended"

Yes, I have read your (late) rules on this forum.

"-You should only be warned if doing an intentional tk."

No, I said your punishment is inconsistent to the point of being unjust, unfair and trivial. Then you and others proceeded to argue with me over what a punishment is as opposed to a warning. Somehow, the admins concluded a kick (a punishment) is a warning (an action intended to inform someone of reprisals if they continue a course of action). As I said, you don't jail someone as a warning, you warn them. You reasoning is flawed in the outset.

"-That this is not about you tking, but about me disliking you (yes, thats why I kicked you instead of banning, its because I hate you </sarcasm>)"

Fact is I don't know whether you dislike me or not. And fact is I don't care. You got your facts wrong and pissed me off. And people get pissed off when they get treated unfairly because they don't get a chance to say their piece without all the bullshit (and time consuming process) of rhetoric, justification, forum posting, etc. And because they've just had a long day, are tired, and want to relax.

"Also ,the decision of posting the rules on the forum was made before this happened, it just took some time. And, might I also add, Ive asked for em several times."

And? To use an analogy; I could take a decision to draft a new law to protect women from being raped, and while I "took some time" those same women would be victims without the protection of that law. Who get's the blame? The drafter for taking his sweet arse time, not the women. Do not disguise your lack of professionalism with feeble excuses.

"Your attitude is that YOU should have fun, even if you destroy the fun for others. This is why we got admins, to let people have fun without being griefed by people who think thats fun."

And how exactly does team attacking at the end of a round destroy the fun of others. Is this "destroy" in the same sense as they're "entire gaming session is ruined because of one over zealous admin?" Or is this destroy as in "barely any real effect at all in the grand scheme of things."

"PS. Your allowed to disagree about the rules. But then the enforcer of the rules aint the problem. If you wanna be permitted to intentionally tk people, go make a thread about removing the rule, instead of attacking me for enforcing the rule. Tho, I dont think youll get a lot of support."

I don't think you will get a lot of support for getting the facts wrong. Not the first time this has happend may I point out. I have seen threads whereby you have made mistakes and banned or kicked: I don't see you getting punished for it when you expend anothers time by your own incompetence. Also, contrary to the admin thread, there are quite a lot of nominations indicating that you are indeed the problem.

Thus, in conclusion, may I also point out it's also fair for us to comment on the INCOMPETENCE of an admin, which we are zealously doing at this moment in the admin abuse forum.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:17:55 pm by AngryScotsman »

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 06:34:16 pm »
Not the first time this has happend may I point out.
Exactly. (Didnt read the rest) You forget the fact that you are a well known rage TKer, this is not the first time you got catched/banned for doing it, having a reputation will get you always banned faster in the future then some poor guy who just made a mistake. This is no singleplayer game where you can just reload and you reputation with the NPCs is fixed, the official servers are not the personal kindergarten of single people, others want to have some fun there too.
How about accepting punishment for your wrongdoings, instead of just raging on? Insulting admins did never do the trick.

(To prevent misunderstandings: I do not ban people for past crimes, but I reban them faster, as they should be aware of the rules: UnknownGuy1 does some shit, I tell him to stop it. WellKnownTroll2 does some shit, I ban him, as he already got enough warnings in the past, but does this shit again)

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »
By your book then Leiknir, Nuffen should have had his powers removed long, long ago. Double standards don't validate your argument.

And don't mistake me for "raging". If an admin replies to this thread with bullshit, I will defend myself as anyone would.

Also, you didn't read the rest, as you openly admitted right in that post. How wonderful of you to take things out of context and use them to suit your narrow opinion.

I don't see you commenting about Nuffens utter incompetence in historical bans logged in the archive, or the number of nominations against him.

What I do see is a bunch of clowns on IRC having a joke over the nominations against your behaviour and you taking the piss about them.

Realise this: there are players that are fed up with the bullshit. And that isn't a joke.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:40:41 pm by AngryScotsman »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 07:36:43 pm »
Oh, I forgot, you also lied about me pming you some nasty stuff over and over, that didnt really help either. (oh ye, show us the screenie, do it do it do it!)

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:46:38 pm »
And from where did you kow that that guy wont't die from your "fun teamhit" at round end? what would you have said if he have died? .... teamattacking is the same as teamkilling IMO ... coz you dont know if the guy will die from your hit or not, so you can stop discussing about "it was only one TK! that other one was ONLY teamattack!"

And if you got kicked 2 times you should be slowly be aware of the fact that you did something wrong or did at least something that appearently one of the admins dislike and that should STOP doing it. And raging at an admin - even you get hot headed as you said - will just lead to the opposite you want ... or do you seriously think any admin will say "oh, yeah you are totally right, your behaviour right now shows me that I was wrong, noe that you raging at me and insulting me."

And sry, if you seriously thought that it's okay to teamhit/teamkill someone for your personal fun, just because you didnt have read a rule about it, then you seriously get something wrong on this mod. And if you cant remember all the rules for the EU Servers then just remember the most important one: Use common sense about what is being allowed and what not.

Btw, Admin dont really need any evidence, they have been given the trust from chadz to be an admin, thats enough evidence for there actions. If we would frist need to gather evidence and sreenshots and witness for every kick and ban we hand out, we would be busy the whole week.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:57:13 pm by Yaron »
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 07:59:53 pm »
"Admin dont really need any evidence"

That sums things up. I will no longer waste my time with this. Your arrogance utterly fucking disgusting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:02:20 pm by AngryScotsman »