Author Topic: Strat Raiding Suggestion  (Read 439 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Strat Raiding Suggestion
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:49:13 pm »
+2

Yet another idea :D

Option to immediately sell all raided goods after a battle at a price of 15 * Distance Bonus. 

So if you raid a caravan 20km from where it came from you will get approx 19 gold per stolen good
If you raid a Caravan 100km from where it came from you will get approx 70 gold per stolen good

Notes
- The distance bonus is based on the distance of the battle from the site of crafting
- The option is only available for 1 hour after a battle and can only be used on the goods captured in that battle

Impact on Strat
- Raiders no longer need to escape with their stolen goods. 
- Distance bonus is still taken into account so picking targets is more important
- Prices are not as good as if you actually take them into a fief so its a choice between a quick but modest profit, or a larger but risky profit
- Raiders can still get stomped by factions to wipe out their troops/equipment but at least they get some gold
- This change will see more raiders since raiding will actually be viable
- The increased raiding will lead to better armed caravans which should then bring raiding back into line

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Strat Raiding Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:51:30 am »
Nah, takes all the fun out of it. The seat of your pants minute by minute screaming agony of being chased.

Don't you miss screaming like a school girl as so goon chases you with poo on stick? WELL ITS BACK!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:17:42 pm »
OK - an alternative suggestion

Continued but reduced & hidden movement during lockdown

So basically, during lockdown you can still move but only at 10% speed.  Nobody else but you can see where you are moving and once the battle ends you get transported to whatever position you moved to whilst locked down and you'll continue on whatever journey you had set.

Since normal movemement speeds are around 15-25 meters per minute, then in 24 hours you will only manage to cover 2 - 4km during lockdown so it isn't a big advantage but it could just give raiders the edge they need to have a reasonable chance at escaping

Of course an organised clan will just be able to encricle a raider and cut off all their escape routes, but at least then the clan has to use multiple people and be active.

Obviously, getting teleported due to losing overrides this.

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:28:55 pm »

- The option is only available for 1 hour after a battle and can only be used on the goods captured in that battle

Me likes, good idea.