Author Topic: Power Draw is Neglected Perhaps  (Read 1329 times)

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
Re: Power Draw is Neglected Perhaps
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 02:02:04 am »
It's not quite impossible, you have to be more dedicated (no Athletics), but you will find your stuff breaks every round even if you do get a high enough wpp to do damage. You'll also have no wpp to put into melee, so if you go 1h in hope of saving up enough to pay your bow and arrow upkeeps, your melee weapon will break.  :lol:

Offline Arkonor

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arkonor
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 02:21:22 am »
I just made a Level 31 30/13 139 wpf archery (6 points left unused, as I need 8 points to get 1 more),  4 ATH 10 PD 4 WM. No points "wasted" on anything else.
Even when spawning naked, with only my Rusbow and bodkins I get  "your weapons proficiency is too low!"

To me it seems like it is impossible to used PD 10 , unless you have a level 32++ character. Is this intentional?

Yes its slow movement,slow draw, semi inaccurate, but should hit like a hellfire missile.
That is how I like to play. It feels more real. Never liked the smallbows, and now headshotbonanza.
I want to feel like a battlearcher, not some joker running around with a toysRus kids bow. Trying to pin people in the head.

Ouch you actually need 140 wpf for that. 14 * PD

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 03:08:35 am »
even dropping the 4 ath it is still not possible to get 140. you get 30/15 139wpf 10PD 4WM no point left to put in WM.
10PD is for 32++ characters.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 08:33:48 am »
Then we agree, it's pretty broken as is.

Can anyone see a good reason for keeping it this way (Impossible to play high PD archer, reward wpf archers)?

Even if you are a dedicated wpf crutching archer, I'd be interested to read any insight you might have into why it might be best to keep archery to its current monotone.