Poll

Choose if you agree or disagree about the idea.

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Character Selection  (Read 427 times)

Offline Algaroth

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Character Selection
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:44:42 am »
Not sure if anyone has thought out this idea or if it's possible. It would be nice if you could select your characters from c-rpg.net with your main character and you can also select other characters as well when you enter the server and choose faction, then Choose your troop you will have a selection of characters that you have made from c-rpg.net. So like if you made a pure cavalry you can change to archer without even exiting the server.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
Re: Character Selection
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:51:24 am »
Would your multiplier change? Not sure if a changing multi would be a good or bad thing, although I lean towards bad, if nothing else was changed.

Offline Algaroth

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:05:24 am »
Would your multiplier change? Not sure if a changing multi would be a good or bad thing, although I lean towards bad, if nothing else was changed.

It won't change that's the good side of it.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:10:58 am »
Hmm, it might be. You could use your powerful chars to get your multi to x5, then hop on with a low lvl for quick leveling. Also, if the server is getting asymmetric teams in terms of classes, players would have less incentive to not switch chars to balance it out.

It would sort of reduce the importance of hybrids though. At least, ones whose hybrid classes cannot be used at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:12:39 am by ArchonAlarion »

Offline Algaroth

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:28:50 am »
Hmm, it might be. You could use your powerful chars to get your multi to x5, then hop on with a low lvl for quick leveling. Also, if the server is getting asymmetric teams in terms of classes, players would have less incentive to not switch chars to balance it out.

It would sort of reduce the importance of hybrids though. At least, ones whose hybrid classes cannot be used at the same time.

How about your not able to switch characters until the next map?

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 05:04:37 am »
Yeah, that would be an easy way out, but I like the idea of switching chars to adapt to changing circumstances. I would like to hear what other people have to say before I vote.