Author Topic: 1 minute ban for getting kicked by m  (Read 218 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
1 minute ban for getting kicked by m
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:52:46 pm »
Is there a chance to make the 5/5 penalty for teamhitting a 1 minute ban?

You see it very often on EU1 for example, that a guy bumps through his whole team after spawn, hurting many of them, getting kicked due to 5/5 penalty and then immediately rejoining and spawning before timer hits 5:59 :/

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: 1 minute ban for getting kicked by m
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:51 pm »
Well after a treacherous clan mate m'd me during a kick-duel, I tried to log back in and found my char hadlost connection with the data base and was level1.

Pretty scary.

I think something like a kick for first 5 m's then a 30 min ban for next 5 and so on and so on would be better than the current shit we have now? (and i dont even know that's not how it works right now).

All the current system does is promote chat spam, giving a little bit of power to the masses resulting in just a kick.

If the system is supposed to prevent team hits/tks/griefers then a simple kick is meaningless surely.

I also think players should have a limit on how many times (or players) they can M per map/over time. This would reduce the spam and hopefully mean that players would only M the worst of the team hitters.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:58:07 pm by RandomDude »