Author Topic: Profile name used by another person  (Read 466 times)

Offline Skeith

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Profile name used by another person
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:42:31 pm »
I've been getting this error quite frequently as of late. I've no idea why either. I haven't given out my account serial or anything, and it seems unlikely there is a dude out there hacking people's Warband passwords so he could play on their account.

So yeah, I really don't know what's going on. I am getting the "Lost connection to server" error once in a while, and when I try to log on again it says "Profile name used by another person", or something like that. However, when I try to log on again, the error disappears and I connect to the server.

I am also getting occasional lag spikes up to 300 ping if that's worth anything. Also, I this problem still occurs even after I changed my password.

So...yeah, I think that's everything. Advice would be really helpful, or if it's possible to check a log for the IP of the other person logging on my account.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Profile name used by another person
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 09:50:04 pm »
When you DC from the server, your toon (take that Smoothrich/Tydeus, I hope you are reading this... TOON) is still mindlessly autorunning/standing still for a few seconds before it dies and leaves the server as well.

For that small period of time, you can not reconnect due to your toon still being alive.

Your DCs are likely due to your recent ping spikes. Something is amiss in your Network.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Overall i would say either your connection is unstable. (You can run tests at http://www.speedtest.net/ and http://www.pingtest.net/ if you like)
Or you are using a bad WLAN connection in which case using a cable connection to your router would most likely fix the problem.
Or the routing between you and the server you are playing on is bad.
To test that you can just try joining different servers.
Try the ones with a good ping first, the Official servers are only hosted in two locations so you might wanna try clan servers and different locations like AUS/CN/EU/JP/NA.
Just to test if it works more stable there.

Offline Skeith

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »
Ah, many thanks.

Likely it's just the crappy Canadian internet, god damn monopolies.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:32:41 am »
Ah, many thanks.

Likely it's just the crappy Canadian internet, god damn monopolies.

with you in this skeith!

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login