Author Topic: How to make Skip the Fun more useful  (Read 345 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
How to make Skip the Fun more useful
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:12:12 am »
+6
Current rules:
1 skip-the-fun character can be made per week
In order to get a new STF character, you delete the one you have and make a new one

Suggested rules:
In order a get a new STF character, you just click "respec" of your existing one.
You can respec your STF character once per week
Respecing an STF character leaves them at level 30 -- it just clears all their stats

STF really isn't useful in its present form.  It's meant, I assume, to help us test builds but to really test a build you need the gear that goes with it, which can take quite a while to build up the money for.  After you have all that you must....delete your entire character, and all that equipment, and start over?

It would be a lot more useful if we could keep the gear and simply reset our STF stats once a week.

Plus I am terrified of accidentally deleting my main every time I try to screw with an STF character.

STF characters will always be gen1 so it's not like there's a threat of them taking over the world.  Allowing respecs would make them a lot more useful as test tools.

+1 this message if you agree
-1 if not
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: How to make Skip the Fun more useful
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 10:32:26 am »
At the start STF was implemented to help new players and new comers who don't want to "grind", allowing ppl to jump in strategus without spending hour to level up a char.

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Skip the Fun more useful
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:18:18 pm »
+1