Author Topic: What's the point in profit/trade crafting?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline MomciloSRB.

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What's the point in profit/trade crafting?
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:58 pm »
The villages I have seen all have 100% crafting chance, but all of them require 100gold pieces per HOUR, to stay in them. So what? I craft 1 item in 1 hour and loose 100 gold pieces then go somewhere and sell it for 125 (max?) and gain 25g(lol), or even sell it for 25 and loose gold?
Can anyone explain to me how this works if I've misunderstood it, and can you provide a list of villages that have 100% crafting chance but dont require 100gold per hour? :)

Oh and can anyone tell me if this guy is good or bad Cavalieres_Mike_N_Ike, I dunno if I should raid him or not, cuz I dont wana raid a good guy. Just douches.'

One more question, when I apply as a mercenary for a battle in a crpg screen, and put a pay in there, do I get my pay in crpg or strategus gold? And how do I get it, do I have to go to a location or do I automatically get it?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: What's the point in profit/trade crafting?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:37:17 pm »
The villages are controlled by clans who set the rent price. It's a way to limit the number of randomers who stay in the village so that their clan members can get a higher crafting chance. Finding a village with low rent is mostly just luck based unfortunately.

So blame them  :P

You don't get the pay for applying for battles. It's a broken feature, so just put 0 or 1 gold.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:39:26 pm by Overdriven »

Offline MomciloSRB.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »
Ok, thanks for the answer. Do you know any villages that don't have 100gold rent?

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 01:44:40 pm »
Ok, thanks for the answer. Do you know any villages that don't have 100gold rent?
Amere, Ushkuru (4g craft cost), Tosdhar - 15g
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 05:32:26 pm »
I'm in a faction controlled village that only has 5g rent/hour.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MomciloSRB.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 07:42:25 pm »
Amere, Ushkuru (4g craft cost), Tosdhar - 15g

Thanks.

I'm in a faction controlled village that only has 5g rent/hour.

And I have a pot of gold buried somewhere. Tell what village it is or don't post at all.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:29 pm »
Thanks.

And I have a pot of gold buried somewhere. Tell what village it is or don't post at all.

It's not one of the ones drz posted.  I'm just letting you know there are others out there, which is valuable information even if it's not in my interests to tell you where it is.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MomciloSRB.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »
It's not one of the ones drz posted.  I'm just letting you know there are others out there, which is valuable information even if it's not in my interests to tell you where it is.

Blah, just don't speak at all then, when it's not in your interest.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 07:59:30 pm »
Blah, just don't speak at all then, when it's not in your interest.

you're an idiot.  you asked for a list of villages that have 100% crafting, and not 100 gold per hour.  Most people aren't going to give out that information because they would then have a flood of people to their village they craft in, and would no longer be at 100% crafting.  You can try word of mouth, or physically start visiting different villages.

The information I provided, that there are certainly villages under 100 gold/hour (can't say for sure the crafting %), is valuable information.  It's not as valuable as a list, or the name of the village I'm in, but it's still better than no information at all.  The village I'm in charges 5 gold per hour, and crafting is around 75%.  If you look around, you will see lots of villages for cheap rent, whether or not the people who control it will let you stay there is another story.

Your best bet would be to try and join a faction, when all the villages are faction controlled (as they are now) you're basically up to the mercy of the host faction.

If you ever saw me in the NA public battle server you'd know what faction I belong to, and you'd be able to look at this map:  http://stratmap.x10.mx/stratmap.html to determine where I'm most likely located.  Just because I don't want to tell you outright, doesn't mean that the information I gave is completely useless.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:01:56 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:39 am »
Way to crack the shits dude, sheesh.

Look to the left of the map, Glunmar, Ilvia, Reveran and Istiniar are all free from clan control. Go their.

TBH your best bet is to go to a castle get 55 men, 55 cudgles and go raiding. Pick of the caravans and post in the merc forum to get support for your attacks. Find out who hates who and go and bash some heads in.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline MomciloSRB.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 03:41:19 pm »
you're an idiot.  you asked for a list of villages that have 100% crafting, and not 100 gold per hour.  Most people aren't going to give out that information because they would then have a flood of people to their village they craft in, and would no longer be at 100% crafting.  You can try word of mouth, or physically start visiting different villages.

The information I provided, that there are certainly villages under 100 gold/hour (can't say for sure the crafting %), is valuable information.  It's not as valuable as a list, or the name of the village I'm in, but it's still better than no information at all.  The village I'm in charges 5 gold per hour, and crafting is around 75%.  If you look around, you will see lots of villages for cheap rent, whether or not the people who control it will let you stay there is another story.

Your best bet would be to try and join a faction, when all the villages are faction controlled (as they are now) you're basically up to the mercy of the host faction.

If you ever saw me in the NA public battle server you'd know what faction I belong to, and you'd be able to look at this map:  http://stratmap.x10.mx/stratmap.html to determine where I'm most likely located.  Just because I don't want to tell you outright, doesn't mean that the information I gave is completely useless.

That's bullshit, I already learned that there are villages that don't have the high rents from Vovka and Overdriven, why would you even think that posting your info would help me in any way. Not all people are selfish, I already got info to where I should craft and sell.

Way to crack the shits dude, sheesh.

Look to the left of the map, Glunmar, Ilvia, Reveran and Istiniar are all free from clan control. Go their.

TBH your best bet is to go to a castle get 55 men, 55 cudgles and go raiding. Pick of the caravans and post in the merc forum to get support for your attacks. Find out who hates who and go and bash some heads in.

Thank you, but I already got a pm about those villages. But this will help other people, so craft on!

Anyway, don't wana raid unless I know the ppl I'm raiding are douches.