Author Topic: Lancer/1H Heavy Cav Build  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Revo142

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Lancer/1H Heavy Cav Build
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:24:19 am »
I searched for older topics, and I've narrowed it down to these three builds, and I have some questions.

I will be using heavy gear: Transitional Heraldic Armor, Pigface or some other Great Helm, Mail Mittens or Hourglass guantlets, Shinbalds, and either a War Horse or a Heavy War Horse

As for weapons, I will be using a Heavy Lance, Knightly Heater Shield, and Arming Sword

Build 1:

Strength: 21
Agility: 15
Hit points: 60

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 2
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 5
Athletics: 5
Riding: 5
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 5

One Handed: 110
Polearm: 115

Silly question reguarding the above build.  If I set my Polearm skill to 95, what would the max One handed skill be? I assume it would be 130, but I'm not exactly sure how this stuff works yet.  Likewise, if I set my Polearm skill to 100, would the One Handed skill become 125?

I like this build because the 7 PS would allow be to one hit lance most people, and the 2 IF would help me stay alive, but I also don't want to be outmanuvered by other cavalry with only 5 in riding.  I also don't know if the 1H skill is enough so that I can be evenly matched in hand to hand combat when I dismount.

Build 2:

Strength: 18
Agility: 18
Converted: 2
Power Strike: 6
Athletics: 6
Riding: 6
Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 135
Polearm: 90 something

I like this build because the 6 riding allows me to tangle with enemy cav better.  The high athletics and higher 1H wpf allows me to be better on foot.  But I sacrafice PS, so my lance strikes would be weaker, and I also have no IF, which makes it easier for me to die.

Build 3:

Ironflesh: 3
Shield: 4
Athletics: 4
Polearm: 90 something (Can someone tell me exactly what it would be?)

Opinions?  Keep in mind that I will be heavily armored and riding a War horse or Heavy war horse.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:27:43 am by Revo142 »

Offline Lobster

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Lobster
Re: Lancer/1H Heavy Cav Build
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 04:11:56 am »
I find anything below wfp 130 one hander to slow when your on foot.

Also consider that you dont need any wpf for heavy lance when lancing. AFAIK. Be great if someone done some testing on this.

From my own experience, i have done just as well with 1 wpf in polearms as i did with wpf150 when with heavy  lance. plus im still one hiting ppl.

here is the build im testing at the moment.

Strength: 15

Unused skill points: 1

Attributes to skills: 2

Ironflesh: 5
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 6

One Handed: 154
Pole Arm: 1

Im now alot faster with my one hander and mobile when on foot. even though im a  low str build i still get 60hp from iron flesh.

when i lance i use the corsier.
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 04:50:28 am »
I searched for older topics, and I've narrowed it down to these three builds, and I have some questions.

I will be using heavy gear: Transitional Heraldic Armor, Pigface or some other Great Helm, Mail Mittens or Hourglass guantlets, Shinbalds, and either a War Horse or a Heavy War Horse

As for weapons, I will be using a Heavy Lance, Knightly Heater Shield, and Arming Sword

Build 1:

Strength: 21
Agility: 15

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 2
Power Strike: 7
Athletics: 5
Riding: 5
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 5

One Handed: 110
Polearm: 115

Silly question reguarding the above build.  If I set my Polearm skill to 95, what would the max One handed skill be? I assume it would be 130, but I'm not exactly sure how this stuff works yet.  Likewise, if I set my Polearm skill to 100, would the One Handed skill become 125?

I like this build because the 7 PS would allow be to one hit lance most people, and the 2 IF would help me stay alive, but I also don't want to be outmanuvered by other cavalry with only 5 in riding.  I also don't know if the 1H skill is enough so that I can be evenly matched in hand to hand combat when I dismount.

Build 2:

Polearm: 90 something

I like this build because the 6 riding allows me to tangle with enemy cav better.  The high athletics and higher 1H wpf allows me to be better on foot.  But I sacrafice PS, so my lance strikes would be weaker, and I also have no IF, which makes it easier for me to die.

Build 3:

Ironflesh: 3
Shield: 4
Athletics: 4
Polearm: 90 something (Can someone tell me exactly what it would be?)

Opinions?  Keep in mind that I will be heavily armored and riding a War horse or Heavy war horse.
I prefer 18/18 but...... Depending on your current money you will either always have damaged items cause of ur repair cost[if ur new] or will never make any money and you will constantly have to sell loompoints to keep up[if ur not new and already have a base amount  of cash to buy these items and maintain them for a while]
I honestly say use a destrier as ur heaviest horse or even a rouncey as if u are not a new player and can afford looms a +3 or+2 rouncey is still really good

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:01 pm »
I like your 3rd build the best.  And I think you should basically go about even with your WPF for 1h and polearms.  Like 120 1h, 115 polearms (slightly higher 1h).

But if you're going to be only needing 5 riding, then I'd stick with 15 agility and try to tinker with a build around that.  On foot you may want to be able to pick up a polearm and swing decently fast so I'd ignore people saying to leave WPF at 1 for polearms and put it all into 1h. 

At 120 1h WPF I seem to do just fine.  Certainly having that extra 1 or 2% faster swings would be nice, but it's not going to make or break whether you kill someone. 

Also about 5 or 10 posts down on the main page is this topic "Need an opinion on cav build":  http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22988.0.html 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:29:24 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 11:59:36 pm »
I like the second one the most. But remember that if you are going to be heavy cav you should expect o be outmanouvered by enemy cav. A guy on a courser for example will do that.