Author Topic: Why are players tking a new player for no reason?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline bebop440

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Why are players tking a new player for no reason?
« on: December 29, 2011, 11:52:36 am »
Quite simply my allies are repeatedly tking me.

I do my best to contribute.  But being new I have no money, no levels (lvl 3 atm).  I cant afford or use anything worthwhile.  I get killed in one hit and to next to no damage.  This is bad enough, I have to be opportunistic.  But plenty of players find it fun to tk me and run off saying I got in the way or this or that, and repeating it.  It's gotten so bad that I can't even get to enemies because everyone is just one hitting me in my cloth..  :rolleyes:

I'm going to bed.  And I could care a bit less right now, but if this is in the wrong place I'll move it or delete it in the morning.

Cheers.  I'm gonna play a round or two of MM to redeem myself...

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
Re: Why are players tking a new player for no reason?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:34:24 pm »
Well, if you aren't even close to a melee and get TKed then it's a reportable offense. If you are actually trying to fight in a melee with people swinging two-handers all over the place, then it's harder. Some weapons (the "unbalanced" ones) aren't something you stop mid-swing, and in general the heavier fighters prefer to have some swinging-space to be able to hit from multiple directions. A peasant in the way that can't really kill anything is minor collateral damage in those situations.

As a tiny peasant I recommend getting a pitch fork or the cheapest scythe since it lets you keep a distance, and can thrust when you get the opportunity. Your damage is crap, but polearms can cause long interrupts on people if they hit, and you can stop horses in their tracks, so you can be of some use other than a meat-shield.

Thankfully leveling at low levels is very fast, and at level 15 or so you'll feel you can actually do something, and at 20-25 you can actually manage melees pretty good as long as you know your blocking and footwork.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:03:12 pm by Inkompetent »

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:59:18 pm »
+1
people are tking me too when i use my leech gear and I'm not a newbie :D played like 1,5 years now, you just got to tell admins  (if any online press "i" to write in admin chat) or make ban thread with some screens included.
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 04:37:39 pm »
What server is it happening on, that's kind of relevant information. 

Also, are you carrying at least some sort of a melee weapon?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 04:48:27 pm »
Quite simply my allies are repeatedly tking me.

I do my best to contribute.  But being new I have no money, no levels (lvl 3 atm).  I cant afford or use anything worthwhile.  I get killed in one hit and to next to no damage.  This is bad enough, I have to be opportunistic.  But plenty of players find it fun to tk me and run off saying I got in the way or this or that, and repeating it.  It's gotten so bad that I can't even get to enemies because everyone is just one hitting me in my cloth..  :rolleyes:

I'm going to bed.  And I could care a bit less right now, but if this is in the wrong place I'll move it or delete it in the morning.

Cheers.  I'm gonna play a round or two of MM to redeem myself...

hm, gay.  if you ever see me on the server hit me up and i will safeguard you until closer to the enemy. 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »
If they really are tk'ing you intentionally just take some screens and post them on ban section. Crpg has quite strict policy about them.

If it happens in heat of battle it's usually unintentional, some hits just can't be avoided. If you want to make yourself useful as peasant try guarding some loner archers with pitchfork.

Offline Jagdpanther

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 05:48:21 pm »
I had only 1 guy try to TK me, but when I reported him he stopped pretty much.

Remember to press I and tell there name and what they are doing.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »
(lvl 3 atm)
Grow up!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 06:29:48 pm »
If people intentionally team hit me, or team kill me near our spawn (or you can tell they are hitting you when you're not in combat) then I'll address them directly once or twice in global chat.  If they don't respond I'll usually complain to the server about them and hope an admin will do something.

Barring all of that fixing the problem I'll usually be a bully right back and say over global chat "You stab me again and I'll murder you every round until I go to bed, consider this your only warning"
 - Stolen from Macropussy