Author Topic: Extremely Disappointed  (Read 9554 times)

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Extremely Disappointed
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:14:05 am »
+2
This new patch has some brilliant ideas, chadz. I had long voiced support for you on the old forum, and in game. Your idea of finding a balance between customization, skill, and reduced grind were wonderful conceptually.

They also worked brilliantly last night, as the gameplay that I experienced was of the highest quality imagineable. I told my friends that the grind had been reduced, and that tincans were not going to be everywhere, and for the first time in three weeks did I get to play with my 3 buddies in CRPG.

However, with "v .201", which I can only describe as mutating your newest patch into some sore half-assed wanna be of its former fucking glory, you have destroyed the balance you succeeded in creating by balancing items by their costs, and reducing the xp gain by a full third.
DSM_King_IV

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:38 am »
+1
Bump - Sad shit there is so much bitching about reverting to pre v.200, but nobody cares about this new one.
DSM_King_IV

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:14 am »
Don't agree at all. The 0.200 version had repair costs too high and too closely tied to winning. Therefore we were getting the "death spiral" familiar from Native games: in Native, if you win you can buy more stuff, which makes it easier to win next time and so on, which is what was starting to happen in cRPG - once one side felt they were likely to lose, they stripped off and picked up cheap weapons, which meant they almost certainly would lose. That's fixed. The costs are reduced by a small amount, which means we get some tin cans but no more black armoured nutters on mecha horses.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 03:03:03 am »
+1
Current revision is perfect.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:05:55 am »
Upkeep should be increased to 10% and chance for items to brake reduced to 3%.

Apart from that the hotfix is great, before it was a waist for some people (like me, 15K lost in 1 evening with sensible gear) and other makes toons of cash.

Now its balanced, maybe 10% will remove most plates over time, as they are affordableall the time if you plan well.

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:54:02 am »
+1
Its better than it was pre-patch, but the changes to v .201 really edged out the really cool cost based item balancing, and low grind that v .200 had.

I was a little pissed when I made this post, but all in all, I still do feel that the v .200 would be great for the long term in this community, and mod.
DSM_King_IV

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 07:43:18 pm »
sure did

when where who?

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me