Author Topic: Trying to decide on a thrower + melee hybrid  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Rapture

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Keira_Duskfang
  • IRC nick: Keira
Re: Trying to decide on a thrower + melee hybrid
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 05:06:01 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that on my own pure thrower. :P As much fun as throwing is, I think I'll mainly be trying to use the 1h + shield (which is what I want to do, since I'm already an archer/2h on Dark, and like it just fine. :P)

I hear your concerns Jesus, and Brutal, and they crossed my mind too, but ultimately as I said, I don't think I'll be looking to use throwing as my main source of damage, so I'm okay with it not being as powerful as it could be. It's there mainly to chuck at people I can't catch on foot, take down horses, or an opener as I try to get within melee range. (D'Haran tactics much Sphinxer? Gotta love Rahl's army. ;)) That or as you guys have suggested, to soften up 2hers and people I don't feel comfortable taking on in 1v1 melee.

Thanks for all the input and advice guys, I've decided on my build, and I'm happy with it thanks to you. :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:18:55 pm by Rapture »

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Re: Trying to decide on a thrower + melee hybrid
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 09:27:35 pm »
And if you're not happy, at lvl 15 reset it asap .. you really don't wanna do 16 to 31 with a build you don't enjoy, considering all the hours it will take to do so :P

We used to play 2 hybrid 1 pure and 2 2h/xbow on servers and it really kicked ass .. no one could make it to me easily so I was going full throwing weapons (4 sets of jarids) to break shields to make it easier for my "body guards" , I would one shot any horse except plated and then they'd finish them on the ground and after throwing a few , Anders or Braeden would drop me more to throw or a 2H weapon so that way I'm not stuck defenceless if they die. Worked fine everytime but when i'm on my own on the public server, I have to tag-up with someone and follow him around. Going Hybrid give you the courage to rush on your own :P