Author Topic: CTF Feedback  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: CTF Feedback
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43:49 am »
It can take forever to cap flags which seemingly drives upkeep into the roof. I started out with 7k and 45min later I have a Stubborn Courser, Bent Arbalest, Rusty Rus Scale Armor, Crude Plate Mittens and 229 gold...

Worst part is I used the Arbalest for 1 death and coped upkeep same for the Courser, Rus Scale Armor and Plate Mittens and that isn't internet truth inflation I literately used all of those items ones.

For the first 40min the other team caped 4 flags score being 4-0. Then they caped 3 flags in the first 15min and then we had a massive stale mate where both teams caped the flag and then hide while the other teams tried to hunt down the flag carriers, which was both fun and infuriating mostly because it was delaying the amount of time before the next tick and we lost, again.

Also the timer ran down to 0 and we couldn't figure out if we were being payed by flag caps or in 1min increments. Which is it?

Then we caped and screwed them out of their x5, we then promptly lost our x2 I lost more than all the gold I had and I rage quit.

We need King of the hill. Much better game mode for this game. First to 3 and in a stale mate have 1min of sudden death. No clear winner after 6min the team with the most caps wins.
Without stating what everyone else has stated:
*Have XP be more than just multiplier tics. I fear multipliers with flag captures where you go back to 1 multi if someone caps your flag, could be too severe and could force people to have 1x multipliers for a rather extensive amount of time. I can't stress this one enough, especially due to balance not switching up teams as often as it does in other game modes.

*Focus on large maps rather than small ones.

*No village maps. Village maps make for especially shitty CTF maps. Maps are going to have the same amount of importance in CTF that they have in Siege, if not more so due to CTF simply being a more complex gamemode.
Sounds like these things are what is making the game mode unplayable for you. NA doesn't have a CTF server but from what I saw from the testing yesterday, if the maps are too small, they turn into a straight bloodbath in the center of the map, no flanking or different attack paths get used. A larger map with less of a straight path to the opponents flag would keep the huge bloodbath mob from breaking out in the center of the map.

Multipliers are probably not the best strategy for xp due to round times being much less static than they are in siege/battle.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: CTF Feedback
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 12:55:16 am »
-Confusing with all these flags
-Confusing messages
-Spawnraping
-Little fast running guys who can't be caught
-fucked up balance. Sometimes 30 vs 15
-No timer....it really sucks to play the same map for 40 minutes because no team gets flag
-Not clear how you get xp and gold. Sometimes it doesn't tick for 15 minutes and nothing on website changes, but half an hour later you suddenly have +50k xp on website or something
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:57:58 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »